Fountain Pens

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did up until about 2003, then a leak destroyed a white pinpoint oxford shirt... It was a Cross with a gold nib and loved the way it wrote on paper, it had the precise amount of friction against the paper. Lately I have really been enjoying a Fischer Space Pen.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the time. Got a few favorites. Uni ball signo 307 is pretty good. We bought an off brand bulk with the name of business on them, and half were worthless.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not in decades. Lately I've been partial to the Pilot G2 gel pens. I got through about four a month on my own and give several away. Some grow legs and walk off on their own.
I use those also and lov'em. Drop'em on the ball point tho and they leak like crazy

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did at one time, then I ruined a couple of $80 shirts and a few pairs of wool slacks.

Moved to a cross ball point for several years, but for the last 20 or so years of my career I would purchase boxes of 12 Uni-ball micro .5 mm ball point. Cheap plastic in both blue and black depending on the need, and some of the best pens I've ever used.

I always wanted a Montblanc for those big deals, but I knew a real estate guy that handed his to a client on a multi-million deal and the client twisted the cap the wrong way and broke his $2800 ink pen. He was less than thrilled. I've got no need for a fountain pen any more.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did at one time, then I ruined a couple of $80 shirts and a few pairs of wool slacks.

Moved to a cross ball point for several years, but for the last 20 or so years of my career I would purchase boxes of 12 Uni-ball micro .5 mm ball point. Cheap plastic in both blue and black depending on the need, and some of the best pens I've ever used.

I always wanted a Montblanc for those big deals, but I knew a real estate guy that handed his to a client on a multi-million deal and the client twisted the cap the wrong way and broke his $2800 ink pen. He was less than thrilled. I've got no need for a fountain pen any more.
I have a Mont Blanc, loved it until I left it in the console of my car on a summer day. The ball point leaked and made a mess inside the pen. They offer free repairs, I just haven't sent it off. Mine wasn't the $2,800 one though, paid $200 for it when I bought it (it is not a knockoff.)

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Mont Blanc, loved it until I left it in the console of my car on a summer day. The ball point leaked and made a mess inside the pen. They offer free repairs, I just haven't sent it off. Mine wasn't the $2,800 one though, paid $200 for it when I bought it (it is not a knockoff.)

A $200 pen is still a hellofa nice pen. More like a writing instrument.

200 bucks buys a hellofa lot of boxes of uniballs though.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A $200 pen is still a hellofa nice pen. More like a writing instrument.

200 bucks buys a hellofa lot of boxes of uniballs though.
I was signing a lot of documents at the time. They are nice, but get a Space Pen and they write nice as well. Only thing I do not like about the Space Pen is how thin they are. Monte Blanc's are nice and thick and comfortable to use. Had a Waterman too at one point. Sad part is I left it in an office I moved out of. I have been kicking myself for that ever since, and it wasn't that expensive.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got quite a few. Mont Blanc, Montegrappha, Delta, antique Parker Vacumatics, Cartier, etc.

I have a Mont Blanc LeGrand fp that i used to take all my notes in undergrad and law school. Always in burgundy ink. Anytime I’m starting a new campaign, I outline it in long hand with this pen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom