Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapses After Being Hit By Cargo Ship

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the late 60's I spent time on the Essex, Wasp, Lexington, and Forestall. On every cruise flank speed maneuvers were practiced. Even in heavy seas, neither ship even pretended it would capsize. If that would happen, we would have lost all of them during WWII evasive maneuvers - except the Forestall since it wasn't around during WWII.

I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble, I'm just stating from my experiences.

Woody
I’ll talk to him again tomorrow. He stated how many degrees of list they could take before it could capsize. Emergency turns never exceeded that number, and he was the helmsman, not a member of the crew that wasn’t tasked with that knowledge.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I happen to work on a large ship, slightly bigger than the container ship parked on the bridge support. I am well aware of what they are capable of and what they are not capable of. Container ships do not maneuver like military craft in the least. You can call it condesention , or arrogance, or anything you like, but for 4 weeks on and two weeks off for the last 4 years I have been involved in maneuvering large ships, and am quite knowledgeable of what they can and cant do, both laden and empty, and what an anchor can and cant do and what tug boats are capable of. I think the example of a trowel and twine is probably overstating the effect of dropping the anchor would have had..... even if the bottom of the harbor had anything at all for an anchor to grab. Not being arrogant or what ever, just stating what can and cant be done.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you think dropping that anchor did anything AT ALL you are dropping acid!

Let's put this in terms you would know since cowboy is in your name..... You attach a garden trowel to a bull with cotton twine tied around his neck. The bull sees a heffer that is "in the mood" and he starts heading over that's way at a fair clip. You decide to guide him by dropping the trowel off the side of him to turn him one way or the other or keep him on course. What effect do you think that would have? Try and answer before the acid takes a hold!
Some don't understand physics.
I do and agree 1000%

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I happen to work on a large ship, slightly bigger than the container ship parked on the bridge support. I am well aware of what they are capable of and what they are not capable of. Container ships do not maneuver like military craft in the least. You can call it condesention , or arrogance, or anything you like, but for 4 weeks on and two weeks off for the last 4 years I have been involved in maneuvering large ships, and am quite knowledgeable of what they can and cant do, both laden and empty, and what an anchor can and cant do and what tug boats are capable of. I think the example of a trowel and twine is probably overstating the effect of dropping the anchor would have had..... even if the bottom of the harbor had anything at all for an anchor to grab. Not being arrogant or what ever, just stating what can and cant be done.
My experience with that user is they don't care what you say. They are right and they'll keep doubling down on calling you wrong till everyone wants to die of exhaustion. The conspiracy and blaming Brandon is more fun.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
User??? Acid??? Hmmm is there a connection??? Was it really princess Di from the grassy knoll??? Stay tuned and remember.. buy Tide soap powder to fight ring around the collar. Now back to our previously recorded show! 😄

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sorry sir, here on OSA we must pursue retarded conspiracy theories no matter how ignorant of physics they may be. This isn't the first and won't be the last.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_2412.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom