French Foreign Legion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wee wee monsieur....

imagecache2.allposters.com_images_130_009_224_027.jpg
My heroes!

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of a story a Marine friend of mine told me when he got back from the sandbox. Don't know if it's true or not, cause this guy has a tendency to "exaggerate" on some of his stories.

He said that they went to the chow hall one day and one of the guys in his unit noticed that there were some French Foreign Legionaires in the chow hall at the tables speaking french. The guy decided he'd go over and strike up a conversation mainly because he made good grades in French class in school and wanted to show off.

He approached them and started talking to them in his best French and two of them started looking at him funny. After a few minutes one of them smiled and said "Hey buddy, you really don't have to try and speak french to us, we're both from south Texas".

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We will be the epitome of sexy (catch how I used a French word?)

If your french word is supposed to be "epitome," then you FAIL!!!!!!

Merriam Webster dictionary:

"Origin of EPITOME

Latin, from Greek epitomē, from epitemnein to cut short, from epi- + temnein to cut — more at tome

First Known Use: 1520"

Oh, and I saw a movie or two about the FFL, and I'll pass. At 66+ and about 40 lbs overweight for my height, I don't think I could cut the muster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom