Further destruction of the middle class

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What part are you whating?

At this point damn near everything you are posting. It is a bunch of rambling about perceptions based on false premises.

Math not being a certainty. Discounting any kind of specialized or first hand knowledge. Anyone can be a philosopher. It's called having an opinion and just because you have an opinion, does not make it correct.

Look, I've said several times in this thread that I am no fan of big corporations. They act much like govt. at times. But you guys discount ANY possible positives that come from cheaper and more abundant goods at extreme convenience for the consumer.

This has come a long ways from the OP. What's ironic is that the link in the OP is something that offers benefit to the middle class.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where else would one go? Otasco? Oh wait, out of bidness. TG&Y? Nope, wal mart closed them too. Target seems to be the only choice I can think of. There's not a Target within 40 miles of me though. Wal Mart has almost monopolized the retail one stop shopping industry. Monopolies are bad and we know that. Mmmkay...

I'll just leave this here.
http://walmart1percent.org/issues/top-reasons-the-walton-family-and-walmart-are-not-job-creators/
http://www.alternet.org/story/15135...ow_skyrocketing_inequality_is_hurting_america

Walmart didn't put other retailers out of business. We did.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People like lurker seem to be running our public schools. This is why there is no right and wrong and 1+1 can equal whatever you feel like.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh we certainly were part of their plan but we did not plan that.

What business, big or small, doesn't plan to compete and outdo its competitors? WalMart provided the service and products the public demanded. The public IS to blame. Just like we are for our effed up political process and predatory career politicians. And that part isn't going to change without some tar and feathers and probably some blood being shed, unfortunately.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At this point damn near everything you are posting. It is a bunch of rambling about perceptions based on false premises.

Math not being a certainty. Discounting any kind of specialized or first hand knowledge. Anyone can be a philosopher. It's called having an opinion and just because you have an opinion, does not make it correct.

Look, I've said several times in this thread that I am no fan of big corporations. They act much like govt. at times. But you guys discount ANY possible positives that come from cheaper and more abundant goods at extreme convenience for the consumer.

This has come a long ways from the OP. What's ironic is that the link in the OP is something that offers benefit to the middle class.

Ive argued the negatives that Walmart type mega Corporations provides out weigh the positives. What is good about selling unripe fruit or mushy old meat? Just because ya sell it cheap doesnt mean its good. Junk is junk.

Id argue the same for our Way too big Govt. The good doesnt outweigh the bad.

Anyone can be anything. Anyone can be a farmer. Does growing a chia pet make one a farmer? Just because one takes an intro class n spouts off that Aristotle is wrong....what was he wrong about? Aristotle, a guy that is known throughout the world as one of the great contributors to the thought process. What Financier is that known? What farmer is well known?

Most Opinions are BS unless ya back it up with a rational and logical argument. Simply stateing "Aristotle was wrong" isnt an opinion based on anything. No more than rubbing seeds on a ceramic pig and calling yourself a farmer.

So yes the middle class is getting screwed, theyre getting smaller n smaller and nobody is addressing their problems. No jobs, stagnant wages, and increased cost of living. Caused by and due to Giant Corporations importing junk for resale. This is killing US.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh we certainly were part of their plan but we did not plan that.

We did not plan to bankrupt ourselves, but we did. Now tell me again, how is it Walmart's fault that we built them into a giant? Walmart gave us what we demanded, cheap products at cheap prices. We didn't care that the customer service sucked and we didn't care that TG&Y, Anthony's and OTASCO were going belly up, because we were saving pennies and we could use those pennies to buy more cheap crap.

Walmart is king because we chose them.

Fortunately for Lowes and Home Depot Walmart wasn't interested in putting the home grown lumber yards, hardware stores and appliance stores out of business.

Don't blame corporations for the messes we make, own it, learn from it, prevent it from happening to what's left of Main Street.

Latest posts

Top Bottom