Garage Floor Epoxy? Done it or had it done?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just finished mine up spent 2 days on the prep. And hour and a half painting. I did have about half a gallon extra pain and I think I skimped on the first corner afraid I would run out.

i229.photobucket.com_albums_ee16_gfercaks33_2A29778A_4A0A_434Fd84846d0487d817dd832d6fdf374bef5.jpg

i229.photobucket.com_albums_ee16_gfercaks33_BDD0832C_7F03_4840f92b5a9b298a92f4b7ccfaa1a9ae10cf.jpg

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everytime you drop a tool, it will chip, and chip, and chip.

Just like in my kitchen, not a chip after 13 years, and a lot of heavy items dropped and broken.

The key is proper install, improper install will have issues, just like most painted floors will have issues.

And if you chip one you replace it, what are you going to do WHEN the paint starts peeling?

Head on over to garagejournal, there are a lot of nay sayers like you changing their tune...

internetscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anyone needs help with prep in the future PM me. I run a concrete cleaning and restoration business. I'm out and about a lot and would be happy to bring my surface cleaner and steam washer by if I'm in your area.

If you use muriatic, always neutralize it before applying the epoxy.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We did the epoxy paint using Rustoleum at a previous home. the garage was well used and had oil that had seeped into the concrete. Despite our best efforts at cleaning and prepping, we had hot tire pickup the first time we rolled our truck.

It wasn't the products fault. I really don't think, with the age of the garage floor, there would be no way to get it clean enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom