garyj36

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kahrk-9

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
RUN!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!
So I bought a FM (From Argentina) Hi Power from him for $200 and his add stated that it needed a $40 slide stop and would be g2g. I get it home (and I'm new to single actions/Hi Powers/and I was in a hurry so I didn't spend a lot of time checking it over ((stupid me I know))) and the first thing I figure out is that the slide stop is fine but the guide rod was in wrong so easy fix and should be ready for the range! No. I test the safety and the hammer drops with the safety on. Well I decide to take the grips off so I can look at what is going on and can't tell. So I go to put the grips back on and discover that one side looks to have been epoxyed on and the threads are now stripped out of the frame on one side. The other side of the grip basically crumbles as I tighten the screw and the screw hole is gone where the grip should catch the screw. I send garyj36 a polite face saving PM asking if he will give me back $170-$180 and surprise I don't hear back. So now 24 hours after my PM I've found a potential buyer for this gun and I am thinking I will only be able to ask about $100 for it in the shape it’s in. So I'm checking to see if the mags drop free (they do) but the mag release shoots across the room. I'm guessing that the frame is jacked or something and I don't see how this thing is worth any money unless I can sell the mags and barrel. The thing that pisses me off the most is that some people would have taken this thing to the range not understanding it’s a time bomb and gotten injured.

Latest posts

Top Bottom