Gate Opener?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a double gate opener from Ghost Controls. 12V and upgraded to the 30W solar panel that charges the deep cycle battery. Has worked flawlessly for the past two years. I think I still can but wish I would have gotten the features that allow me to open the gate by my phone anywhere on earth. Jsut not sure if my homes wifi would work the 400' from the home to the gate. But, very happy with the Ghost Controls.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not in my truck.
Maybe you’re in the wrong truck?
1715909769903.png

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes on Solar Powered. We have had no issues in 9 years or so. Power goes out, gate still works! No elect spikes to kill a mother board!
If you can't find a 12V one, I'm thinking you could piece together a solar setup with a battery and run that into an inverter. It'll be an add-on and may blow your budget, but it would be totally doable with a lithium iron phosphate battery that can be drained to zero with no harm. That may be overkill though, depending on gate usage.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a double gate opener from Ghost Controls. 12V and upgraded to the 30W solar panel that charges the deep cycle battery. Has worked flawlessly for the past two years. I think I still can but wish I would have gotten the features that allow me to open the gate by my phone anywhere on earth. Jsut not sure if my homes wifi would work the 400' from the home to the gate. But, very happy with the Ghost Controls.

I’ve been reading up on the Ghost mfg of the Solar Powered ones. Seems way better reviews than the Mighty Mule!

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't purchased one yet for new 18' gated entrance but did a ton of research for a solar opener. U.S. Automatic or Liftmaster are the most recommended. The fence builder I hired recommended U.S. Automatic and a local installer said Liftmaster because parts are more readily available. However, when I tried to get him to give me an estimate for an install he never returned my call. I would be comfortable with either brand. Both in the $1500-1800 range to purchase. The 2 estimates I got from installers in Tulsa were about $4000.

Latest posts

Top Bottom