Generator Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Consider, oil lamps, solar lights (for lighting in house) rocket stove for cooking. Solar panels and batteries to run freezer. A few extra propane tanks. Propane heater. If you have a well and septic, you can be pretty independent. If not stock water also.
I bought a Jackery 2000W and 200W power units and panel which will run the refrig, freezers and microwavem have a couple of those little stoves, have a well with a PVC hand pump. The only proble foreseen is no garden, clay, clay red clay. I've thought about having a load of good topsoil brought in and replace some of this clay.
However, no matter what we do, it only postpones the inevitable. I read somewhere where John Kerry want to eliminate home gardens to save the environment and in Oregon I believe that is what is happening according to what I've also read.

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Jackery 2000W and 200W power units and panel which will run the refrig, freezers and microwavem have a couple of those little stoves, have a well with a PVC hand pump. The only proble foreseen is no garden, clay, clay red clay. I've thought about having a load of good topsoil brought in and replace some of this clay.
However, no matter what we do, it only postpones the inevitable. I read somewhere where John Kerry want to eliminate home gardens to save the environment and in Oregon I believe that is what is happening according to what I've also read.
They can try, but won’t happen….. I bought 3 totes for about 50 each. Cut them in half with a cut off wheel, turned them upside down and they make great beds. Put old plastic bottles in bottom to take up some room and the rest top soil. Instant garden.

Latest posts

Top Bottom