Gerber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I would post these and see if anybody else has any experience with them. Cannot find nothing but rave reviews on YouTube. My lovely wife bought me the Gerber strong arm. For Valentine's Day. It has the black handle, and the smaller basic sheath. I removed all the excess nylon that is found
20240220_231245.jpg
on the Prodigy. I found basically the same knife at walmart that is called the Prodigy, it has the tan handle. This knife is discontinued as soon as Walmart runs out there will not be any more. Guys if you want a great knife for all around purpose, I think you'd have to look long and far to find better. Anyway, post pictures up of your knives that you like and let's have a discussion.

Attachments

• 20240220_231302.jpg
    20240220_231302.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

KAB1958

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a lot of these ... they are solid even if I have too many of them. I just sold off three and I think I probably have three more that didn't make it into Christmas wrapping last season.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own a black one and a tan finished Strongarm. The well made kydex sheaths that come with them is a big selling point for me. Stout, hard sheath with good retention. Comfortable rubber coated handle, blade shape that I prefer. Just used mine for edge tests against different media, paper slicing, cord cutting. Tried some wood whittling, bushcraft carving, feather sticking with limited success. The available wood I’ve had around is some red oak firewood I bought, seems very hard, resistant. Never hard use like saddlebums’ hog pelvis experience. Interesting story, thanks for sharing.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own a black one and a tan finished Strongarm. The well made kydex sheaths that come with them is a big selling point for me. Stout, hard sheath with good retention. Comfortable rubber coated handle, blade shape that I prefer. Just used mine for edge tests against different media, paper slicing, cord cutting. Tried some wood whittling, bushcraft carving, feather sticking with limited success. The available wood I’ve had around is some red oak firewood I bought, seems very hard, resistant. Never hard use like saddlebums’ hog pelvis experience. Interesting story, thanks for sharing.
there was a big rock involved also

Latest posts

Top Bottom