Germans already expressing regret

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it a good idea to offer free housing and money to anyone who knocks on your door or worse yet breaks into your house? Of course it isn't.

In helping people, discrimination (in the most positive sense) is essential. Policies that make for a feel-good political speech often result in unintended negative consequences. Government bureaucratic rules cannot discriminate between those in genuine need and those who need to provide for themselves.

A country should be under no obligation to accept all self-declared refugees. And even in the case of genuine refugees, a country must limit the number of people to no more than reasonable lest the lifeboat sink. When refugees are blocked or sent back in large numbers, people in the source countries begin to reorient themselves toward making the best they can of the situation in their own country rather than running away. This is predominantly a good thing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm sure she no problem with them. After all, Germany has such a rich history as to their treatment of differing races and religions.

Maybe the Germany people could elect a new leader. One that will have a final solution to the immigrate problem.

She said that signs around public transportation areas ask the Germans to surrender their seats to the immigrants. That's pandering. I'll be more than happy to pm you her phone number if you would like to discuss the specifics with her. She has no problem talking to liberals as a legal immigrant.

Seriously, She would love to talk to you personally.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son went to a German school for 2+ years before he started high school. One of the classes he was required to take was ethics. They would discuss what was right and wrong for many different situations. I think this national school requirement is an outgrowth of a tremendous sense of guilt that they carry because of the Holocaust. Of course there are many differences of opinions between people in Germany so it is not a uniform thing. I am told that in general, rural people do not like most foreigners.

Guilt explains their willingness to bend over backwards to try to help in this situation. The desire for cheap labor is another. It is a complicated situation and we are trying to analyze it using opinions from commentators.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rumors of the impending death of Europe are probably premature and overstated by bloggers/journalists in search of compelling stories. Merkel is stating that they do not have room for everyone who wants to come. Her right wing opponents are gaining strength. They have a big problem but they appear to be in the process of reversing course.

Given the already substantial percentage of Muslims living in most European countries, and adding to that the current significant influx of refugees, I would suggest that Europe, if death is not impending, is pretty darn sick. There are areas of Europe where Muslims already have voting control, not to mention the areas already talked about where non-Muslims just don't go.

The attached is indicative of the situation prior to the current refugee influx. Some will say these percentages are too small to make a difference. If these folks were being assimilated, I would agree. They're not. They remain, and will remain, a monolithic bloc, with an agenda completely different from the rest of these nations peoples. The advantage the Muslim hard-liners have over Europeans, and us, is their perception of time. Unlike us, they know how to exercise patience.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Given the already substantial percentage of Muslims living in most European countries, and adding to that the current significant influx of refugees, I would suggest that Europe, if death is not impending, is pretty darn sick. There are areas of Europe where Muslims already have voting control, not to mention the areas already talked about where non-Muslims just don't go.

The attached is indicative of the situation prior to the current refugee influx. Some will say these percentages are too small to make a difference. If these folks were being assimilated, I would agree. They're not. They remain, and will remain, a monolithic bloc, with an agenda completely different from the rest of these nations peoples. The advantage the Muslim hard-liners have over Europeans, and us, is their perception of time. Unlike us, they know how to exercise patience.

I don't think Muslims are a monolithic bloc. Just like any religion there are different degrees, some are violent radicals and some dont even practice. I have meet many good Muslim people. Religion aside, most people around the world want the same things, for themselves and their families to be healthy and provided for.

Or maybe they see the situation like they are the Cannonites and here come Moses.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wouldn't argue with anything you said. However, it doesn't change the reality. Europe will never be the same. And, it's not because of evolution; it's because of revolution. The current Europe will either fight to maintain itself or give way.

By the way, my reference to "monolithic block" was meant to point out the overall pervasiveness of the Muslim religion. A little poetic license on my part, I guess. The fact that they all don't practice strictly doesn't mean they don't mostly follow the lead. I also know Muslims who I have no problem associating with. But, if push came to shove, I'm sure they'd pick their religion over their relationship with me.

Anyway, it's Europe's problem. For now!

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think Muslims are a monolithic bloc. Just like any religion there are different degrees, some are violent radicals and some dont even practice. I have meet many good Muslim people. Religion aside, most people around the world want the same things, for themselves and their families to be healthy and provided for.

Or maybe they see the situation like they are the Cannonites and here come Moses.

The naïveté of people never surprises me. Muslims are just good people that don't want to behead unless you reject Mohammad. If you reject the prophet's message all bets are off.

It's like Mormon's saying they don't believe in polygamy anymore. If they don't believe in it then they'd remove it from The Doctrine & Covenants book. They hold onto it just in case...

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't argue with anything you said. However, it doesn't change the reality. Europe will never be the same. And, it's not because of evolution; it's because of revolution. The current Europe will either fight to maintain itself or give way.

By the way, my reference to "monolithic block" was meant to point out the overall pervasiveness of the Muslim religion. A little poetic license on my part, I guess. The fact that they all don't practice strictly doesn't mean they don't mostly follow the lead. I also know Muslims who I have no problem associating with. But, if push came to shove, I'm sure they'd pick their religion over their relationship with me.

Anyway, it's Europe's problem. For now!

*devolution*
FIFY

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The naïveté of people never surprises me. Muslims are just good people that don't want to behead unless you reject Mohammad. If you reject the prophet's message all bets are off.

It's like Mormon's saying they don't believe in polygamy anymore. If they don't believe in it then they'd remove it from The Doctrine & Covenants book. They hold onto it just in case...

You are saying that all Muslims want to behead all none Muslims? My real world experience tells me otherwise and as a nation we are allied to several "Muslim" nations. The reality is that radicals make up a small percentage of the population.

It's like saying Christians support the death penalty for blasphamey or infidelity because it's in the Bible. there are many different beliefs and interpretation by many different sects, hence the infighting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom