Glock 22...who carries???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syclone2985

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 21 (which I believe is the same size frame only in 45 cal. I think) but for everyday carry for me it is to big I dont mind riding with it in the truck.

I carry a Glock 23 every day little smaller but not to small for my hand and it is still a fun gun to plink with. The nice thing is right now 40 cal. seems to be avalible

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i carry one everyday and have for about 7 years. Some times its concealed, sometimes its not. i don't know how i would like it as a concealed carry weapon its bulky compared to other type weapons. it is reliable, which is a huge plus.

pktrkt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is MHO but the Glock 22 is good for law enforcement carrying, would prefer the 23, but for concealed carry would opt for the Glock 27. I've carried all of these and in our Oklahoma weather in the summer its hard to conceal the 22. Again My Humble Opinion.
pktrkt

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't found a comfortable way to carry my 22 during the summer months. I'm not saying it's not possible, but It's proved difficult for me. In the other seasons I have no issues as long as I wear the right shirt.

OKSAOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carried a G27 for years. It was everything a big bore CCW could be. I outfitted one magazine with an extended baseplate and life was good. However, I gave it to my son, for a HS graduation present.

And then bought a G22...I'm a fairly good sized guy at 6'/250. But I never could feel completely at ease with the G22, particularly in the summer. The extra grip and slide felt great...did not hide great. For a shooter the G22 is good, there simply has to be some compromise for concealed carry.

Went to a G32 (with a KKM barrel, in .40 S&W) and like that very well. Carry it everyday, in a Glock pancake holster, with lead SWCs at 950fps.

Big Bad Wolf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a local LEO. I carry a G22 for my primary uniorm duty weapon with a TRL1 mounted. This set up is in a safariland 6285(?) holster. A very good duty weapon. Have had NO failure to do anything when ammo in and trigger pulled. For off duty, I do carry a G23 with the same light set up and in a safariland paddle holster, (5188) it fits both the G22 or my G23. I'm also 6'2" and weighing in at 280 with a 50" jacket and 38 waist. Depending on my clothing I can pull off carrying my full size in civvies but generally stick with my 23 for off duty/plain clothes stuff. If I'm just out and about in triple digit heat, I'll grab my backup G27. Again in .40, (see a theme here?). Really handy in a front pocket or under a closer fitting t-shirt.

Another reason I opted for the G22 in the .40 is that about 85% of my agency and other agencies in my area ( aka guys I run with) carry the g22. Praise the Lord if crap does go south, ammo and mags more likely to fit others and such. Also my fiancée at the time, she couldn't handle the recoil or the fit of te G21 in .45ACP since it has a little bit larger grip circumference.

Just me and my opinions

Latest posts

Top Bottom