Glock .22lr conversion kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BangBangJamDang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience and/or opinions about any of the conversion kits for a Glock? I am intrigued, but just not sure about them since I have never seen one in person. Are they worth the money, and how do they perform?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had two; liked them fine, both were AA kits, but sold them both in favor of dedicated .22 pistols. YMMV.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love mine and they pay for themselves in no time. I perfer this to another gun since I can practice trigger control and handle my CCW weapon while shooting .22 LR.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe they say to use high velocity ammo like CCI minimags. I've tried using the bulk pack ammo and have problems. After owning one my personal opinion is just get a dedicated 22 pistol unless you don't mind shooting the more expensive 22 ammo. My ruger 22 pistol eats everything.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is an interesting concept. If the recoil is enough it would be an excellent practice aide. Going to Google this.

$294.99
Product Number: T0220F
*Choose Glock Model

Copied this from Glockstore.com, has a three to 12 month backorder waiting period. Credit card won't be charged until order goes out. Lookin into this. Might order mine today.

Last edited:

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an Advantage Arms LE kit for my Glock 17. Loved it. Used Remington Golden Bullets. I too especially lied it because I was practicing with exactly the same trigger as my 9mm.

Jeff Hughes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in a weekly training group. Several guys have Glock .22 conversions. If you can run Minimags all of the time, you will be fine. If not, it's a constant ftf drill.

Guys running M&P .22s have way fewer problems.

If you reload your ammo cost is slightly above the price of Minimags, but your training is much more realistic. Recoil control is very important.

spacepiggy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an Advantage Arms kit for my G21. Actually two kits. First one was bored off-center and couldn't dial the sights over far enough to get on point of aim. It ate CCI minimags and Winny bulk ammo like candy. Just couldn't make it shoot straight.

AA replaced the kit promptly (even with the huge backlog I got a complete new unit, instead of the expected properly manufactured barrel) but the second kit had a bad extractor or something like that. Only put a couple of rounds through it and the shell would jam in the breech. Had to push it out with a cleaning rod.

Field striping is not as easy as with a Glock slide, you have to actually push down on a hard surface with the muzzle to unlock it. I didn't really like that. Several cautions in the manual about trying to break it down while cocked, so you have to dry fire a lot. They do put a small relief in the breech face to save the firing pin.

Sadly there are very few dealers who take returns on firearm products so I unloaded it on Armslist. The buyer never complained. So I don't feel bad, perhaps it was just me ...

I'd say the quality control varies. If it works, great. If not there's always Armslist. As others have stated, Ruger 22's will eat anything.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom