Good samaritan helps rescue 2 drowning boys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did all that and asked not to be identified!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ue-2-drowning-boys-at-cherry-creek-state-park

A man who didn't want be identified helped rescue two 5-year-old boys from drowning at Cherry Creek State Park just after 6 p.m. Saturday.

Paula Faye Carlson told 7NEWS she saw two women run screaming into the water, and then noticed a boy floating face down in the water.

"I then spotted three young men to my left further out in the water, I yelled at them twice," Carlson said, "And I pointed towards the little boy floating in the water."

A man ran to the boy and found a second boy also unconscious in the water, Arapahoe County sheriff bureau chief Louie Perea told the Denver Post.

The man carried one boy under each arm and ran to the shore, Carlson wrote. Two men began chest compressions and were able to resuscitate them.

" heard the wonderful sound of one of the boys crying," Carlson wrote. "I then walked out into the water and saw the 2nd boy still laying down, but saw him draw his legs up, and knew that he was alive." (sic)

The boys were about 15 to 20 feet from shore when they were rescued, Perea said.The boys, who were not brothers but knew each other, were doing well. They were admitted overnight to a hospital for observation, Perea said.

"It was all clock work effort by the citizens, and the 1st responders that saved those little boys," wrote Carlson. "The emergency vehicles (Rangers, EMT, and Law Enforcement) were there pronto and were ready and awesome !"

Latest posts

Top Bottom