Ground Beef Jerky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently got a new food dehydrator and with came some "Cure" and "Jerky Seasoning" for making jerky from... ground beef...?!? My initial thought was, "Naw"... but I had a pound of Braum's 90/10 in the freezer and it was a really crappy day so I though what the heck. I am amazed at the flavor and texture. I don't know how ground beef came out with a "little tough" texture and a really good taste.

Has anyone else played with the ground beef jerky? I would love to hear your Pros & Cons...

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No jerky gun... yet, got one on the way. I just seasoned up the ground beef and rolled it out thin between two sheets of plastic wrap and sliced it into strips and dehydrated. Turned out pretty good! And I will try the sticks too, thanks Okie4570!

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I like it. It comes out kinda like the Slim Jim texture, without the tougher outer skin. I remember a friend made some back in the day with his kit that came with "Cajun seasoning mix" and we tore that stuff up like nobody's business! I was all about it! Unfortunately, we never found the Cajun seasoning by itself. The jerky gun let him make it in round style (like a Slim Jim) or flat. I like it because it's a big chewy, but it's not tough, like most real sliced jerky I've had. I can eat a couple pieces of the sliced, but if I'm gonna sit down and eat a ton of it (like I want to!), my jaw gets tired really quick.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm going for bold flavor, ground beef is the way as the spices infuse the meat a lot better. If I'm going for subtle flavor, I use whole muscle. Both ways rock when you utilize their strengths.

Latest posts

Top Bottom