ground blind on public land

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed in this years hunter safety course and on tv shows they are recommending
attaching hunter orange to the top of your ground blind cause other hunters can't see you when your inside all buttoned up.
especially on public land.
last weekend I was out scouting and the 3 good spots I found would be great with a ground blind except that each one also afforded somebody a 200-250 yard shot who would not see you in the treeline in a ground blind.

anybody do this or just wear a flakjacket and a helmet and hope for the best?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't hunt public either, but think the orange would be good on private ground too.

When the road hunters drive by and see orange on a blind, they don't know if anybody is in it or not, and they might drive on. I don't leave mine out at night either. Too easy to steal.

OUPE

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the public land I have hunted reminds me of a war zone. I try to stay as far away as possible. If I do have to hunt on public land I most definitely have orange flagging on my blind/stand.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i take old orange vests and hats and put them in trees along the south side of our lease. we don't hunt over there much but the road hunters sure do. i have not heard a shot over there since i started doing that.

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Few years back had a group of teenagers come full speed, guns at the shoulder right at me while turkey hunting. I had only made a couple of hen clucks. They got an earfull from me and lucky I didn't take a switch to them.

keystone1974

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunt public land and use ground blind sometimes... Never thought of havin orange outside... But I will now. Thanks . Yeah public sucks sometimes, esPicially the thieves

Latest posts

Top Bottom