Guns alone are not Self Defense!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
training is like guns, you can never have too many or too much. Even if you are a pro, you still need to go back and brush up on your basics, even while taking your current level of training further. If you stop learning, it is because you choose to, NOT because there is nothing left to learn.

Alot of the training doesn't have to happen at a specific time, except for live fire with your firearm. How many of you have practiced your draw, even without a handgun when no one is looking or around. You should be doing this so much that it becomes second nature.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a lot of people use the "not enough money" excuse to justify their lack of training. Anyone can practice their draw, dryfire, and reloads in their house; all of which are better training than simply shooting at a fixed target at the range a couple times a month. Push-ups and sit-ups are some easy, quick cardio as well...and all that's free. Couple it with a good training class and some martial arts instruction and you've got a good basis to expand your abilities with very little expense. It's all in your mindset, and you don't have to spend thousands of dollars every year to train. I'm not saying professional training isn't good, but just because you can't afford to take a class every other weekend isn't an excuse for lack of discipline.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think a lot of people use the "not enough money" excuse to justify their lack of training. Anyone can practice their draw, dryfire, and reloads in their house; all of which are better training than simply shooting at a fixed target at the range a couple times a month. Push-ups and sit-ups are some easy, quick cardio as well...and all that's free. Couple it with a good training class and some martial arts instruction and you've got a good basis to expand your abilities with very little expense. Its all in your mindset, and you don't have to spend thousands of dollars every year to train. I'm not saying professional training isn't good, but just because you can't afford to take a class every other weekend isn't an excuse for lack of discipline.

That right there!!!!! Mindset! If your not training and practicing to be an agressive, active shooter/combatant, some may want to rethink their need to carry a firearm, and any other tool in your arsenal. I'm not talking about running to the sound of gunfire, even though depending on the situation you may have to, but you must be willing to defend yourself and others i.e. family.

Latest posts

Top Bottom