GunWorld in OKC?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
jb45colt said:
This place reminds me of Shootersworld in Tulsa, without the range. They finally ran their self out of business.

Was this around 21st and Memorial I drove by there yesterday didn't know they were closed, they never had much.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
brennan said:
Was this around 21st and Memorial I drove by there yesterday didn't know they were closed, they never had much.

Yep. 21st and Mem.
I didn't know they were closed either.
I only went there a few times to get the odd relaoding componet.
The used $700 SIG P225s were hard to swallow.

carready

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
OAS Sponsor
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:nutkick: I love going to Gun World...It makes me laugh my ass off and feel sooooo good about myself that I am not stupid enough to buy ANYTHING!!
Mr. Math..whatever has alot of great guns if you do not mind paying double the value. Like $20,000 + for a H&K PSG-1.:sweat: I felt so sorry for this man that was in there and had a revo on LAY-A-WAY...the man was wanting to change and put a different gun on LAY-A-WAY and move the invested money over...Mike told him that he was going to lose bout $125 because the man had fired 2 rounds out of the revo...

And do not forget that they will try and convience you that their gun is better and thats why the price mark up.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plus the 55%, yes, you read that right, layaway cancellation fee! I guess it is true; they only have to sell like four guns a year.

carready

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
OAS Sponsor
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, 4 guns would pay the rent for that year. Too bad for the suckers that buy the four. They could have had 8!

Good call on the cancellation fee...:contract: That will get ya every time!

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously, an impatient friend of mine was slammed for 55%. That almost qualifies for usury laws. Maybe they should sell used TVs.

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
J.P. said:
Yep. 21st and Mem.
I didn't know they were closed either.
I only went there a few times to get the odd relaoding componet.
The used $700 SIG P225s were hard to swallow.
I did buy a gun from them but I used the Davidson's site to get competitive bids they just happened to be the lowest. One of the guys there helped me with some reload data for a obscure caliber. but all and all they where normally quite high.

Okie with a g27

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quick story...

I heard, I think from Dr. Baker, that Gunworld had coupons in feist or yellow pages last year. So I find a coupon for a drawing for a free gun and some discounted range time. Well, I go there and give them my coupon for the "drawing" and the person looks at me funny and says to Mr. Matthews, What is this? He looks it over and says oh, it's for the drawing, JUST PUT IT IN THE CASH REGISTER! So I proceed to give him my "coupon" for the discounted range time and he says, this is for 30 minutes ( I forgot the price for 30 mintues) You have to pay full price if you go 1 minute over...in a not-so-nice tone. I was desperate to shoot that day and I was already there, so I shot a few boxes, really quickly...I'd hate to pay FULL price in that joint and got the hell out. Needless to say, I didn't win the drawing!

761mph

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
last year they were pawning some of their inventory to stay open

i was also told that they charged a "look at it fee", if you brought a gun in to be worked on you got charged whether they did any work or not

RyansFortyFives

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I officially hate Gunworld. There prices are outrageous, service is terrible, and their Salesmen are jackasses. I was looking at a little .357 airlite for the wifey, and the salesman started hitting on her while I was stading there! So I dropped the gun on the counter(literally) and said "honey let's go" and we walked out. I called later and gave the "manager" a piece of my mind.

Ryan S.

Latest posts

Top Bottom