Had a visitor stop by today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Great that you guys are seeing this many cats! Season does open 12/1, but wait till mid January when the fur is prime if you plan on selling them for $$$:)

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen one, while deer hunting. It was about 120 yards away. Not 5 minutes later, 2 does went down the same trail the cat did. I found that surprising.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw mine while duck hunting. We were creeping up a dam to hop the pond, and she was walking across it 40 yards away from us. She stopped 5 yards from the woods and looked at us. Stood there for 3 seconds and then disappeared. We had a house in the near background so weren't able to even consider trying to shoot it.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I saw mine while duck hunting. We were creeping up a dam to hop the pond, and she was walking across it 40 yards away from us. She stopped 5 yards from the woods and looked at us. Stood there for 3 seconds and then disappeared. We had a house in the near background so weren't able to even consider trying to shoot it.

I guess it may be my area, the fact that I am on dirt roads, or that I hunt all game but I see them regularly from the woods and the windshield. Never knew it was a rarity amongst most. Saw a pair the other day through the windshield.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen a few, but never shot one. I've turned down some shots during deer season, but I won't this year! Since I hung a tag on a decent buck Monday morning, cats are 'fair game' come December 1!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okie4570 is right. They will have a lot better hide on them in January and February. They will make a better mount without being blown open like a gallon milk jug full of water with a deer rifle.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen a few, but never shot one. I've turned down some shots during deer season, but I won't this year! Since I hung a tag on a decent buck Monday morning, cats are 'fair game' come December 1!

don,post a pic or two of your deer the 13-14 hunt success thread. I'd like to see a couple more of him.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess I'm lucky, I've seen 50 or more of them over time. There are a lot more of them around than people know. Most all I've seen been with a spotlight down in texas where its legal to do so and no season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom