Happy Heavenly Anniversary mom and dad...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My folks wouild have been married 64 years today. Sadly, they both died in June 2018. Mom on June 10th, dad on the 21st.

Here is their last pics that I have of them together...

received_2639687739610929.jpeg

29791003_2112606748976336_5862476154372551149_n.jpg

53703_1390479351189083_1351964951_o.jpg

95957277_124360372572241_7157644774961315840_n.jpg

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are a beautiful couple. You can literally see the love they have for each other. Yes, I said HAVE, not had. It's not autocorrect this time. 😉🤣 We may not agree on what happens when we die, but the one thing we both know in our hearts is people don't really die. They just move on to what lies next for our soul/spirit.

Do me a favor, please ... Before you go to bed tonight give yourself a second in your easy chair to remember something very specific to your parents and the affection they shared for each other. Then think of one thing about your dad you adore. Then do the same with your mom. Think of one thing you love about her. Stay with me, there is a method to my madness.😉

FINALLY ...

Try to put the things that hurt you about their passing out of your mind and remember ALL the good memories you have of them.

They raised an amazing, honorable son I am proud to say is my friend. And Cindyann is proud to call her husband; your kids are proud to call "Daddy".

Make this a thing you do every evening. You can take as long, or as short, a time as you like but stick with it. Trust me. If there was EVER anyone on this planet this exercise wouldn't have worked for it is me. And it took almost a year ... But it did work. I don't love my parents. 🤷 But I do have peace now. And OMG does that peace feel amazing.

Every place in your heart filled with anger ... Or resentment ... Or hatred ... Is one less place you have for the love of those in your life who deserve it. Don't waste that space. We need all the "good" space in our hearts we can get.

😘

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are a beautiful couple. You can literally see the love they have for each other. Yes, I said HAVE, not had. It's not autocorrect this time. 😉🤣 We may not agree on what happens when we die, but the one thing we both know in our hearts is people don't really die. They just move on to what lies next for our soul/spirit.

Do me a favor, please ... Before you go to bed tonight give yourself a second in your easy chair to remember something very specific to your parents and the affection they shared for each other. Then think of one thing about your dad you adore. Then do the same with your mom. Think of one thing you love about her. Stay with me, there is a method to my madness.😉

FINALLY ...

Try to put the things that hurt you about their passing out of your mind and remember ALL the good memories you have of them.

They raised an amazing, honorable son I am proud to say is my friend. And Cindyann is proud to call her husband; your kids are proud to call "Daddy".

Make this a thing you do every evening. You can take as long, or as short, a time as you like but stick with it. Trust me. If there was EVER anyone on this planet this exercise wouldn't have worked for it is me. And it took almost a year ... But it did work. I don't love my parents. 🤷 But I do have peace now. And OMG does that peace feel amazing.

Every place in your heart filled with anger ... Or resentment ... Or hatred ... Is one less place you have for the love of those in your life who deserve it. Don't waste that space. We need all the "good" space in our hearts we can get.

😘

1683417905843.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom