Happy New Year Preppers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ditto ... But just in case, man, if I were you, I'd go get some potatos ...

Ringing in the new year with humor. Im prepped on the taters, now its no more Tabasco, dang kids used it up makin some dumb drink and daring each other to take shots of it.

What a night btw, got 12 young (over 21), drunk n passed out kiddos, to beds.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ringing in the new year with humor. Im prepped on the taters, now its no more Tabasco, dang kids used it up makin some dumb drink and daring each other to take shots of it.

What a night btw, got 12 young (over 21), drunk n passed out kiddos, to beds.

LOL ... I'm so glad those days are behind me ...

That reminds me of when GC and I met. Remember Y2K?? GC was all prepped up and ready to go ... Me? I was at Buy4Less getting a 6 pack of beer and some mascara ... I remember seeing folks at the store buying all kinds of stuff ... I also remember thinking WTF are these folks doing buying microwave dinners if there isn't gonna be any power tomorrow?? Me?? I'll just drink my beer and look pretty for the end of the world ... LOL

NOW look at me ... All "Prepper Gurl" with my chickens and garden and stuff ... :hyper:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Y2K was my start to kinda. I wasnt really worried but my old neighborhood was full of crazies. About 1am, i gave up n went to bed.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y2K was my start to kinda. I wasnt really worried but my old neighborhood was full of crazies. About 1am, i gave up n went to bed.

LOL ... Oh, I didn't "buy in" then. In fact, Y2K was my reasoning for NOT prepping ... See? Nothin' happened. That friggin' monster ice storm in 2007 that knocked out our power for a week ... Oh, man ... Now THAT got my attention ... :lookaroun

GC is gonna SHOOT me for tellin ya this, but IIRC he told me he fell asleep in his easy chair with his AR across his lap ... MREs scattered at his feet ... :wink2:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lol, me n GC did bout the same. I had a AK beside the bed, a .45 under the pillow and made the kids sleep in my floor.

My wife wasnt into it either till the ice storm, then we just barely dodged a tornado that took out our power lines and part of our roof. No electric for like 12 days. Now she's onboard with having extra food, blankets, gas, and plans. My cellar is like a mini bedroom.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... You boys ain't right ... :wink2:

Ima gonna try to go back to bed. Man, this crud I got either needs to kill me off or go away ... Cuz strangling me slowly and making me wish sleep deprivation was fatal just so the suffering would be over, isn't working out too well for me right now ... :drooling:

Dogs are happy as bugs in a rug though ... "Oh, look, Momma's up! That must mean it's playtime!!" :hyper::hyper::hyper:

See if you can stay outta trouble, will ya?!? One of us ought to try that out ... You go first! :D

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... Cuz strangling me slowly and making me wish sleep deprivation was fatal just so the suffering would be over, isn't working out too well for me right now ... :drooling:

If you have the same stuff I caught (upper respiratory crud) I've been dealing with it since Thanksgiving. It just feels like there is something in your throat/lungs that will not come out. Then every so often you'll end up in a coughing fit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom