Harbor Freight tools closing earlier.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got this today.
Sounds like a good idea..If that is the reason..many reasons i suppose but this is way up there.
Kudos.

Dear Customers,

At Harbor Freight Tools, one of our guiding values is "Doing the Right Thing" for our customers, our communities and our employees. As we've continued to explore ways to make Harbor Freight an even better place to work, one of the things we heard from many of our store managers was that staying open until 9:00 PM meant that lots of our employees missed the chance to have family time in the evenings and often missed seeing their kids before bedtime.

The good news is that there was something we could do about that. So starting February 1st, all of our stores that currently close at 9:00 PM will close an hour earlier...at 8:00 PM. For your local store's new hours, go to HarborFreight.com.

I know this change means that some of you will have to shop with us earlier in the day and I apologize for any inconvenience that may cause.

On behalf of all our Harbor Freight employees who now have a little more balance in their lives, I want to thank you for coming in a little earlier and helping us make Harbor Freight a great place to work.

Sincerely,

Eric Smidt

Founder and President
Harbor Freight Tools

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one here in Tulsa is usually devoid of customers after 6pm. Waste of money and manpower staying open late.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this on another forum, funny to see how they are getting flamed for the change, and the reason.

For some reason I thought they closed at 6PM anyway so it has no impact on me.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The regular hardware stores seem to open until 10 or so. If you need it by 8 what difference would an hour or so wait. The small midtown hardware by me closes at 6. Awesome to go in and be out within a minute.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The regular hardware stores seem to open until 10 or so. If you need it by 8 what difference would an hour or so wait. The small midtown hardware by me closes at 6. Awesome to go in and be out within a minute.

And those are good folks in there too. I try to do biz with them when I can...

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the email and I applaud their decision. 1 hour isn't a make or break for the average consumer. An hour early off could be the difference between seeing their child before they go to bed or not depending on their age. Kudos to HF management.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for them to think of their employees.
The people that thought the world would end when liquor stores had to close an hour earlier a couple of years ago are still alive.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So they get home at 9 instead of 10? Meh... I wonder how much of it is leftover from their being hacked? Or their locations?

Latest posts

Top Bottom