Has anyone ever had a dog who ate rat posion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, on Tuesday evening I was checking out the new deer stand (old school bus) my dad set out and I noticed my dog eating something. Of course I yelled at him to stop and went to see what it was and it was a box of Decon. He was eatting it like it was candy. I called the vet and asked what to do. He said to mix hydrogen proxide with water and make him drink it to induce vomiting. When it actually started to work I was surprised to see just how much he had eaten. He is on vitamin K and hopefully he will be ok.

Barsoom

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Rat poison kills by thinning the blood so it doesn't clot. The rat dies from bleeding usually internally. Vit K helps clotting and reverses the effect of thinning the blood.

Rat posion is 99.5 per cent of good tasty stuff and .5 per cent death (Kinda like the crap Hollywood feeds us)

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rat poison kills by thinning the blood so it doesn't clot. The rat dies from bleeding usually internally. Vit K helps clotting and reverses the effect of thinning the blood.

Rat posion is 99.5 per cent of good tasty stuff and .5 per cent death (Kinda like the crap Hollywood feeds us)

or Eric Holder and the President.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heres hoping your buddy comes out of it ok.

My lil idiot Boston has eaten a few Terro ant bait traps but thats about it. He probably thinks its maple syrup. A little Borax to clean out his tummy.

Told my kids to make sure that all of their firecrackers went off and all spent fireworks packages were cleaned up off the ground before we let the dogs back in the yard last night so they wouldnt eat any fireworks.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heres hoping your buddy comes out of it ok.

My lil idiot Boston has eaten a few Terro ant bait traps but thats about it. He probably thinks its maple syrup. A little Borax to clean out his tummy.

Told my kids to make sure that all of their firecrackers went off and all spent fireworks packages were cleaned up off the ground before we let the dogs back in the yard last night so they wouldnt eat any fireworks.

Oh yea I can just immagine that....Cleaning up the piles before mowing when BANG and your covered in crap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom