Has Jihad reached America?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You would have to be quite naïve to believe that ISIS will not strike a blow inside the United States in the near future. Maybe not a catastrophic blow, but certainly an eye-opening one. On the other hand, the notion that ISIS will be able to reestablish the Caliphate in the Middle East is silly. Jimmy Carter lined it out years ago--a threat to the oilfields of the Middle East is a threat to American economic security, and even a White House weak on foreign policy could not ignore a threat of that magnitude.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My opinion is not based on naïveté, thanks. It's based on my understanding of IS and it's stated goals and current/observed activity. I have doubt they will come for us eventually, but it won't be "soon".

They are still dealing with Assad, the GOI, KSA, the Kurds, and other rival groups. They aren't itching to add us as a full scale participant against them...which a large scale attack on U.S. soil would do. Of course, some lone wolf affiliate attacks aren't out of the question.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My observation about naivete was not aimed at you, sir. Your understanding of foreign affairs is well nuanced. I don't expect a full scale attack by ISIS in the USA in the near future either. I do expect some kind of "demonstration" before long, though, maybe aimed at an American facility overseas or at a soft target stateside.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
STOP CALLING ISLAM A RELIGION OF PEACE!!!!!! Its not, and has never been a religion of peace. Your either a muslim or you'll killed. If you don't think thats right, I suggest you read the Koran, and take your blinders off!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You would have to be quite naïve to believe that ISIS will not strike a blow inside the United States in the near future. Maybe not a catastrophic blow, but certainly an eye-opening one. On the other hand, the notion that ISIS will be able to reestablish the Caliphate in the Middle East is silly. Jimmy Carter lined it out years ago--a threat to the oilfields of the Middle East is a threat to American economic security, and even a White House weak on foreign policy could not ignore a threat of that magnitude.

They already control 7 oil fields and a couple of small refineries.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was in Las Vegas last week and all over the local news was speculation about Las Vegas as their next target. Then I got back to Okla and heard it on the national news too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom