Has Quail Springs Mall Gone Downhill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And don't forget Shepherd mall in OKC and Woodland Hills in Tulsa. I used to love to go there for hours, get a corn dog on a stick and lemonade. Sit and people watch then hit Sears for there returned/discontinued tool section.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And don't forget Shepherd mall in OKC and Woodland Hills in Tulsa. I used to love to go there for hours, get a corn dog on a stick and lemonade. Sit and people watch then hit Sears for there returned/discontinued tool section.

Woodland Hills is still there and going strong. I think you meant Southroads mall on the north side of 41st just east of Yale. Its still there, just not in use. All the store fronts on the north side of 41st are actually a part of the mall, just open only from the outside.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sears went out of business a while ago and I think it was macy's that is gone as well but it was another of the big "anchor" stores. Sears was bad off when they decided to buy K-Mart and the store closing was just a part of the initial downsizing.
Sears isn't dead yet, but it's not long for this world. Several years ago, someone I knew predicted that Sears would be folding its tents before too long. He said the guy who ran the investment group that bought it was basically sucking all the equity out of it for his own personal gain to the point that he wasn't sure why nobody was bringing criminal charges against him.

I'm not sure about the "borderline criminal" thing, but he was right about Sears being killed.

They just closed the one at Sooner Mall at the end of December; my mom bought a few appliances during their closeout. The one time I got to go in there near the end it looked like a ghost town, with what little remaining product they had collected down in the tool area. Most of what was left was tools, but single sockets compromised most of that.

I drove by there a few days ago (I almost never go to that part of town), and it was weird to see the discolored facade where the Sears logo used to be. I remember when the mall opened; Sears was the anchor store for it.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They ought to have gun shows in some of these malls where stores have closed, it'd probably be more reasonable to rent the space than the fairgrounds I would think. Then too, they could convert the closed malls to house people?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Buchanan show at Crossroads Mall has the potential of becoming an excellent venue. Good parking, nice layout, good lighting. Even with competing shows last weekend at the fairgrounds and Shawnee, he had a fairly good turnout of dealers and the public attendance wasn't too bad while I was there. It's nice to see someone try something other than put a bunch of tables in a line and charge $14 to get in.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't been to a mall in years, they are all going downhill. The newer open type is cheaper for the stores to operate. If we go to the show, usually go to Warren. It's been awhile also.

I still plan to go to Buchanans sometime. Can't see paying $14 for the gun show @ fairgrounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom