Head Count

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to thank the wild hog hunters. Particularly those in Southern Oklahoma and Northern Texas. You folks should get a bounty for everyone you kill. I love seeing the larger bores and sows in internal sleep. They distroy everything they touch. We are eat up with them. I wish they had a bounty. I loved hog hunting. Lots of ranchers and farmers invite all of us to just pop'em and drop'em. Didn't have to bury. Truth is, you leave them and the other hogs will eat every part except the tusk and most of the hide.
I did like shooting them. I keep saying I'm going out but then I don't.
Not to many years ago, there were people that would buy them, process them and ship them overseas to Asia. Not much money mostly it was just given to them to haul away. FDA stepped in and said the pigs would have to be quarinteened, have shots...yada...yada. Hell it's raising hogs. Had to do that before you could sell them for pubic use. This was expensive as hell and it stopped the export. The hogs have tons of dieaseses but so does other wild animals including deer. Feds just saw a way to generate funds. BTW. Any of you think you could process them and eat them yourself. NO. I've never had pork that tasted so bad, smelled so bad and after you tried to cook it, you considered just selling your house to leave the smell.
Some people here will say different but not for me. Even the piglets meat was bad. Some of these wild hogs take over deer feeders and are mostly fattend on corn during certain parts of the year. Still the meat is bad.
If you want it, let me know and I'll let you know when we have a hunt and you can come down and load all you want. I will tell you no one will probably help you with them. They stink and have every tick, bug, lice you can find on them. Ha.
Again. Thank you folks that hunt the wild hogs. They destroy local habitat of animals we love to hunt. Turkeys, doves and even newborn fawns. Hogs will tear them up. I've seen a large garden (size of half a football field) destroyed in one night. Depending on the Harem, maybe a few hours. They are voracious eaters. Plus.....they are bread wild with full russians (that started this crap) and will kill you.
Thank you hog hunters. You are the single best thing protecting are natural habitat and protecting our properties. God bless you all

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to thank the wild hog hunters. Particularly those in Southern Oklahoma and Northern Texas. You folks should get a bounty for everyone you kill. I love seeing the larger bores and sows in internal sleep. They distroy everything they touch. We are eat up with them. I wish they had a bounty. I loved hog hunting. Lots of ranchers and farmers invite all of us to just pop'em and drop'em. Didn't have to bury. Truth is, you leave them and the other hogs will eat every part except the tusk and most of the hide.
I did like shooting them. I keep saying I'm going out but then I don't.
Not to many years ago, there were people that would buy them, process them and ship them overseas to Asia. Not much money mostly it was just given to them to haul away. FDA stepped in and said the pigs would have to be quarinteened, have shots...yada...yada. Hell it's raising hogs. Had to do that before you could sell them for pubic use. This was expensive as hell and it stopped the export. The hogs have tons of dieaseses but so does other wild animals including deer. Feds just saw a way to generate funds. BTW. Any of you think you could process them and eat them yourself. NO. I've never had pork that tasted so bad, smelled so bad and after you tried to cook it, you considered just selling your house to leave the smell.
Some people here will say different but not for me. Even the piglets meat was bad. Some of these wild hogs take over deer feeders and are mostly fattend on corn during certain parts of the year. Still the meat is bad.
If you want it, let me know and I'll let you know when we have a hunt and you can come down and load all you want. I will tell you no one will probably help you with them. They stink and have every tick, bug, lice you can find on them. Ha.
Again. Thank you folks that hunt the wild hogs. They destroy local habitat of animals we love to hunt. Turkeys, doves and even newborn fawns. Hogs will tear them up. I've seen a large garden (size of half a football field) destroyed in one night. Depending on the Harem, maybe a few hours. They are voracious eaters. Plus.....they are bread wild with full russians (that started this crap) and will kill you.
Thank you hog hunters. You are the single best thing protecting are natural habitat and protecting our properties. God bless you all
You are welcome!
I guess I have been fortunate to not have any russians try to kill me.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are welcome!
I guess I have been fortunate to not have any russians try to kill me.
I'm often over dramatic. I'm not sure where you are in Ok but I'll bet you have hogs with some russian. Take a look at some good facial pics on youtube of russian hogs, ok hogs with russian and ok hogs.
The tusk are one big give. Have you checked the tusk on any of yours?
Regardless. I'm proud as heck of you and good shooting. Love to hear how you set up for them. I've talked a bit of what we do here and what I've done in the past. Hog hunting is unique. And hunting hogs is a differnet game all together.
I give the impression that these wild hogs start chasing you to kill you when you shoot at them. I say that because anytime I thing of a wild boar charging I think of the one that charged me (ran down their run the direction I was proned at when I shot. At that moment, that hog was 10 feet tall, weighed just slightly less than a us M1 Abrams and I think was breathing fire. Maybe not. Ha.
It's not hard to find their wallow and trail. We mostly start corn feeding and they just come back every night. Deer may start eating the corn first but once the hogs find it, it's theirs.
We'd figure out what we had and if the boars would come down and so on. We'd watch them with IR and night vision. Get them where it's pretty good idea when they show up, how many, how big and set up a shoot with a couple of guys. Like I say. None of us want the hogs and we pop'em and drop'em. No one complains. That's kind of my knowledge and how I did. Now you, or anyone else, put down their setup and what they do. Maybe it's just me, but would be great fun reading. It's cool to get back in the guns and shooting.
I, again, am impressed with this thread. Thanks. Very well done

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm often over dramatic. I'm not sure where you are in Ok but I'll bet you have hogs with some russian. Take a look at some good facial pics on youtube of russian hogs, ok hogs with russian and ok hogs.
The tusk are one big give. Have you checked the tusk on any of yours?
Regardless. I'm proud as heck of you and good shooting. Love to hear how you set up for them. I've talked a bit of what we do here and what I've done in the past. Hog hunting is unique. And hunting hogs is a differnet game all together.
I give the impression that these wild hogs start chasing you to kill you when you shoot at them. I say that because anytime I thing of a wild boar charging I think of the one that charged me (ran down their run the direction I was proned at when I shot. At that moment, that hog was 10 feet tall, weighed just slightly less than a us M1 Abrams and I think was breathing fire. Maybe not. Ha.
It's not hard to find their wallow and trail. We mostly start corn feeding and they just come back every night. Deer may start eating the corn first but once the hogs find it, it's theirs.
We'd figure out what we had and if the boars would come down and so on. We'd watch them with IR and night vision. Get them where it's pretty good idea when they show up, how many, how big and set up a shoot with a couple of guys. Like I say. None of us want the hogs and we pop'em and drop'em. No one complains. That's kind of my knowledge and how I did. Now you, or anyone else, put down their setup and what they do. Maybe it's just me, but would be great fun reading. It's cool to get back in the guns and shooting.
I, again, am impressed with this thread. Thanks. Very well done
Thank you.
We get some with tusks! Let me find a few pics.

Busy busy round here so I can't go into a lot of detail. 99% of the hogs I post haven't been baited.

Snapchat-662374596.jpg
20230115_220054.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Caught a few more last night, probably between 30-40. Hopefully we’ll have another sounder come in tonight.

Told my renter he’s gonna need to go get a bank loan to buy enough boolits to take care of this bunch. LOL
View attachment 369348
I will supply the bullets. If someone loans the equipment to bury the carcasses.

Excellent catch by the way.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Caught a few more last night, probably between 30-40. Hopefully we’ll have another sounder come in tonight.

Told my renter he’s gonna need to go get a bank loan to buy enough boolits to take care of this bunch. LOL
View attachment 369348
10-12 of those look smoker size!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom