Heart Attack! -- What do you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't watch the video. With that said, Ima go with 325mg aspirin, 3x sublingual sprays of nitro 3-5 min apart as long as their systolic BP stays above 90mm Hg and they're not on erectile dysfunction medication. Amirite?

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would not give Nitro without a lV line. And a 12 lead tracing. Give Nitro to someone having a right side MI. And you could be pumping chest in short order. Hard to tell if someone has a right side without a 12 or 15 lead ECG. Lead Two has No Clue. Regards.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would not give Nitro without a lV line. And a 12 lead tracing. Give Nitro to someone having a right side MI. And you could be pumping chest in short order. Hard to tell if someone has a right side without a 12 or 15 lead ECG. Lead Two has No Clue. Regards.

Pretty true all around. I would be less concerned with the IV than the 12 lead, but even the 12 lead isn't completely necessary. Possibly fatal effect on the preload can be avoided with common sense use of the NTG. If the systolic BP is iffy, withold the treatment. Same for tachycardia/bradycardia. The good thing about RVI's is the few that I've seen contraindicated NTG by one of the above.

With that said, I'm no MD/DO. Nor a paramedic. Overall I'm pretty low on the totem poll.

The best treatment for the laymen would probably be a proper dose of ASA, then CPR if its a full arrest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom