Help with lever actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking for a lever action, growing up I always admired an a old Winchester .25 -.35 that belonged to a relative, I have access to it but it's too expensive to shoot.
I would prefer an 1866 in .38 .357 or .45 LC with a 24" octagonal barrel from Uberti, but I've also found one from Chaparral.

My second choice is a Rossi 92 in brass, anyone know if they are solid brass or just plated?

I own a couple of Uberti SA's and have not had any problems, are Rossi and Chaparral weapons any good?

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one of the first Rossi SR92 lever guns in 38/357.
It's had tons of rounds fired thru it with zero problems.
I really like it and doubt it will ever leave my possesion.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Levers are part of American history and are some of the coolest rifles ever. I've got an 1866 trapper in .38 and love it. I have others as well. For the average shooter, most any of the current levers are fine guns. The cowboy action crowd runs them a bit harder and most prefer Marlin. You may also want to look at the 1873 Winchester clones since they were beefed up a bit. A '66 in .45 Colt would be a nice one!

moguns

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gave my grandson a 16" rossi in 357. They are great guns. Don't forget the Henry, I have 1 in each cal. 357,44mag,45lc. The Henry is very well made, very smooth and accurate. Customer service is very good and they are made in the USA.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have a couple of Marlin 94's. One in .38/.357 the other in .41. Both are a ton of fun to shoot. I added receiver peep sights to help my 50 y/o eyes and still keep the sleek lines. Can't help on the Rossi or Henry other than to say my bud has a Henry .22 and loves the quality.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't think I have ever heard any negatives about Rossi. I used to own a 44 mag Marlin and now have a Win Trapper in 44mag - both are great guns.

Paint it black it becomes "tactical" and you can call it a CAR (Cowboy Assault Rifle). ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom