Help With New Shotgun Purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a new Remington 870 express for $310+tax. Im not sure what the best rates are for a Mossberg 500 but I found a used one for $290 and Academy has them new for $350+tax. I have a mossberg tactical stock laying around so Im kind of want a Mossberg.

Which direction should I go? Are there better prices out there? Is $290 too much for a used 500?

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HD use only. Someone had a similar question in the sub-forum and I asked in that thread and got no answers. I need some responses quick because Im itching to by a new gun this weekend.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington got nothing going for it but fan-boys; who like to turn matter of fact into matter of preference.

Remington is not a bad shotgun - how can Browning design be bad, right? At the same price-point Mossberg is simply a better shotgun for a FACT: better slide release, better load gate, better extractor, better chamber, better safety.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, at that price point I'd go Mossberg. The old 870 Wingmaster was about as good as it gets, but the new Express models are most definitely not equal.

If you can add about $100 I'd go with a Benelli Nova. Superior to both in every respect.