Hey grandpa, what's for supper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found this dish on the YouTube and thought I'd give er a try. Smothered southern potaters with some fresh out of my own garden asparagus.

The only thing I did differently, is I seasoned it with a Head Country rub instead of the stuff he used, and I added a little bit of cilantro from my herb garden and just a whisper of basil...delish!

20240430_192322.jpg

20240430_192330.jpg

Last edited:

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing that recipe because it looks delicious and pretty easy too so I'll have to try that.
And your asparagus looks mighty fine too.
T.M.I. ahead:
As for myself and asparagus, well. Umm. (Clears throat.) It's fan-freaking-tastic cooked with some butter and garlic.
But if I was ever on Family Feud and Steve Harvey said "We surveyed 100 grouchy b-----ds and asked this question: 'Name a food you love -- that DOES NOT love you back!'"
I would slam my hand on that button so fast and so hard it would break his podium and I'd yell out, "ASPARAGUS, STEVE!"

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your asparagus looks good

It's fastly becoming my favorite food from the garden. I doubt it will ever beat out tomaters for 1st place, but it's gaing ground.

I fix it very simply. Rinse it off, cut of the ends, just barely cover the bottom of the pan with water, add two tablespoons of real butter, add the asparagus and dust it well with Lawrys seasoned salt. Cook it on med/high heat until all the water is absorbed...done!

Latest posts

Top Bottom