Hi Point Torture Test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm lost as well.

I really do get a kick out of the hi-point haters who have never even owned one. Give credit where credit is due, they are versatile lil war ponies. Ok, maybe not so little.

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot several Hi Point pistols. None of them was particularly accurate, reliable or comfortable to shoot. But I have paid a bunch for pistols that were even less reliable, a couple of early Kimber Solos come to mind. Nothing wrong with a Hi Point if that is all finances allow, or as a curiosity. But if any of you are saying you own or carry a Hi Point solely based on merit or the performance of the firearm I think you are nuts.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny story. At a gunshow I heard a TK supply employee telling a customer that Illinois Highway Patrol carries Hi point pistols. This was a few years back when they were doing gunshows.

True story.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny story. At a gunshow I heard a TK supply employee telling a customer that Illinois Highway Patrol carries Hi point pistols. This was a few years back when they were doing gunshows. True story.
I bet they have Rijas ARs too. ;-)

Edit- I can picture the Illinois HP rolling in their '78 Caprice Classic cruisers with paint-can lights on the top, rocking the Hipoints.

Sounds like a good movie script where they're chasing Jake and Elwood.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet they have Rijas ARs too. ;-)

Edit- I can picture the Illinois HP rolling in their '78 Caprice Classic cruisers with paint-can lights on the top, rocking the Hipoints.

Sounds like a good movie script where they're chasing Jake and Elwood.

That'd be a helluva duty rig.

Latest posts

Top Bottom