Houston gun shop, victem of a smash and grab

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those guys didn't get background checks. Arrest the gun shop owner for allowing them to walk out of the store with the guns without a proper background check.

How long until one of those guns turns up at the scene of a murdered officer?

Waltherfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like they caught some of them:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/0...obbery-at-houston-gun-shop.html?intcmp=hplnws

Arrests made in smash-and-grab robbery at Houston gun shop
Published March 03, 2016 FoxNews.com

Texas law enforcement and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives authorities announced Wednesday that several arrests have been made and firearms were recovered after a smash-and-grab incident at a gun shop.

Surveillance footage from inside and outside Carter’s Country Guns & Ammo in Houston shows about 10 men bursting into the store Tuesday morning, smashing the cases and sacking the place of guns and ammo. The men wore hoodies and masks to hide their faces. The footage also shows the group using a truck to pull the security bars off the door.

More than 50 weapons were stolen altogether and some suspects are still being sought after, according to Click2Houston.com. Police have not released the identities of those who have been arrested, but federal charges are expected to be filed.

The ATF told KHOU.com Tuesday that similar smash-and-grabs are increasing in the Houston. The thieves are taking the guns and selling them to gangs and other criminal groups, which in turn are used in more violent crimes.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Irresponsible gun owners.

I know, right. As responsible gun owners we must take every step to not tempt good people into stealing. A bulldozer parked in front of the doors of that shop could have prevented this. The shop owners might as well have handed the shop keys over the kids. It's all about reasonable controls....

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know, right. As responsible gun owners we must take every step to not tempt good people into stealing. A bulldozer parked in front of the doors of that shop could have prevented this. The shop owners might as well have handed the shop keys over the kids. It's all about reasonable controls....

I agree. I hope the city officials send the gun shop owner a bill for expenses in tracking down and apprehending these misguided youngsters that were led into temptation. Maybe force them to attend a "gun owner responsibility awareness" workshop or something.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. I hope the city officials send the gun shop owner a bill for expenses in tracking down and apprehending these misguided youngsters that were led into temptation. Maybe force them to attend a "gun owner responsibility awareness" workshop or something.

Maybe send them to the Tinker AFB PX for pointers on how to secure firearms. Step one: locate your shop on a military installation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom