How did Pres. Carter put a ban on Iranians back in 1979/80??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the answer but I'm not sure you will like it.

The refugees are drawn from the refugee camps and most of the refugees are Sunni and Yzidi because most of the fighting is occurring in their territory.

Christians never made up more than 10% of the Syrian population and most of them live in Damascus and Aleppo which have been spared most of the fighting.
Life continues to be good in Damascus with oppulent parties and a still thriving tourist trade.
Most Christians in Syria still live in their intact homes.

There were some Christian refugees from Iraq early on but many of them made their way to Jordan or Israel.

The link is a blog opinion piece that doesn't lie, it just provides enough selected information to allow the reader to jump to the conclusion intended for them.

Does that mean that these are untrue?

Helping Syrian Christians

Help Syrian Christians Reach Safety

The Nazarene Fund FAQ's

I don't think that makes it sound like they are living comfortably in their intact homes. If that were so, why would they be trying to leave Syria? I can almost promise that the news media isn't telling the whole story.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Does that mean that these are untrue?

Helping Syrian Christians

Help Syrian Christians Reach Safety

The Nazarene Fund FAQ's

I don't think that makes it sound like they are living comfortably in their intact homes. If that were so, why would they be trying to leave Syria? I can almost promise that the news media isn't telling the whole story.

Terry, I think you should give them your money.
I'm sure they will take it. :)

The fact is the overwhelming majority of refugees are not fleeing from IS.
They are fleeing the genocide of Assad and his government.
And they are overwhelmingly Sunni.

Here's a breakdown on religious makeup of Syria.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2012/10/18/whos-fighting-who-in-syria/

Here's some more interesting reading.
http://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/facts-about-the-syrian-refugees/

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OMG! I bet there are lots of other countries a lot closer to Syria where these people could go. No need to drag them all the way over here.

Perhaps you didn't get the memo? The refugee relocation push in the U.S. is a $10 BILLION dollar taxpayer funded industry. If you cut off the U.S. resettlement, you cut off the paychecks to a lot of people who have lobbyists in DC. :(

This is what creates the refugee crisis in Syria.

That's a symptom, not a cause. The cause is that egalitarian Syrian Alawites control the country and protect the Christians, Kurds and Druids. The rest are predominantly Sunni (about 65%) and want to establish a Caliphate to unseat the Alawites (a Shia sect), eliminate the Kurds, convert or kill many of the Christians and place the rest in dhimmitude.

One thing that should be pointed out is that the Alawite controlled government of Syria, actually utilizes a lot of geopolitically aligned Sunni leaders. They will also be killed by IS and the al Nusra Front, should they fail to maintain control. The reason Hezbollah (Shia) is fighting for Assad has as much to do with continued support as the Shia connection. If Assad fails, Hamas will likely destroy Hezbollah.

The Assad regime is truly a secular dictatorship. He's willing to overlook religious lines if it suits his purposes. He's brutal and doesn't hesitate to kill or subjugate his people. IS and the al Nusra Front are equally brutal, if not more so. The Christians, non-egalitarian Alawites and Kurds will be the biggest losers if the Sunni win. It will be genocide.

Assad's barrel bombs are merely a poor man's napalm and cluster munitions. They're significantly less effective if you put pen to paper. It shouldn't even register as a blip on the list of evil **** happening in Syria.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps you didn't get the memo? The refugee relocation push in the U.S. is a $10 BILLION dollar taxpayer funded industry. If you cut off the U.S. resettlement, you cut off the paychecks to a lot of people who have lobbyists in DC. :(

That's a symptom, not a cause. The cause is that egalitarian Syrian Alawites control the country and protect the Christians, Kurds and Druids. The rest are predominantly Sunni (about 65%) and want to establish a Caliphate to unseat the Alawites (a Shia sect), eliminate the Kurds, convert or kill many of the Christians and place the rest in dhimmitude.

One thing that should be pointed out is that the Alawite controlled government of Syria, actually utilizes a lot of geopolitically aligned Sunni leaders. They will also be killed by IS and the al Nusra Front, should they fail to maintain control. The reason Hezbollah (Shia) is fighting for Assad has as much to do with continued support as the Shia connection. If Assad fails, Hamas will likely destroy Hezbollah.

The Assad regime is truly a secular dictatorship. He's willing to overlook religious lines if it suits his purposes. He's brutal and doesn't hesitate to kill or subjugate his people. IS and the al Nusra Front are equally brutal, if not more so. The Christians, non-egalitarian Alawites and Kurds will be the biggest losers if the Sunni win. It will be genocide.

Assad's barrel bombs are merely a poor man's napalm and cluster munitions. They're significantly less effective if you put pen to paper. It shouldn't even register as a blip on the list of evil **** happening in Syria.

I don't disagree with any of this.
Assad is practicing ethnic cleansing, driving the Sunnis out and creating a river of refugees to the camps.

If you look at some of the video from Kosovo you see the same thing but with artillery instead of barrel bombs or chlorine bombs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom