How do I revmoe round top bolts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I am thinking they are carriage bolts with some sort of J-hook or plate in the concrete. You are most likely looking at cutting them off and starting from scratch. IF you really don't want or can't dig out the concrete, you should be able to drill new holes and install some lags and lag bolts.

Would bet they are carriage bolts. What the gentleman above said!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet the metal plate fastened to concrete has another part welded to it.

If i wanted something smooth looking and made in such a way that it was permanent so it could not be stolen i may drill holes through the base plate and drop some long carriage bolts through it and set this into my not yet cured concrete.

Concrete will let loose of the carriage bolt if it does not have a J or L shaped end .. but you must get it to spin.

Good suggestions on cutting a slot or better as was stated weld a nut to the head of it.
If you cut them off flush you may not be able to remove them from the concrete. Worst case is you will drive them flush after cutting them off with concrete slab and drill new holes in a different place to remount the base.

I have seen U-Drive screws used to mount things flush and clean but not concrete, these have a smooth head like you mentioned.. but I think U-Drive screws are too short for this application.

Latest posts

Top Bottom