How does an MOS site work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you were carrying concealed and had to draw, how does the site come on when you need it? Or do you turn it on before you leave the house?

Thx

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see Sig Sauer Romeo is activated by motion.

I just got a new Mossberg MC2Sc and trying to figure out if it has the Shield RMS footprint. It doesn’t sound like it needs a mount as it claims to mount directly for co-witness.

Looks good and feels good in hand more of a 1911 feel. For $388 and the reviews sounds like a bargain.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/sig-sa...es=standard&_iv_code=SD9-RD-SSRDSROM-SOR01300

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends which model you get. Something like a Trijicon RMR is technically always on due to the tritium. Personally I prefer Holosuns which are motion activated. Leupold Delta Point Pro are also motion sensitive IIRC.

Others like the Burris Fastfire 3 and Vortex Venom just don't have a place in my defensive lineup because they require operation of the power button. I've set motion activation as a base requirement for defensive optics personally.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do these motion activated sites come by way of communists from overseas that hate us? Would you trust your life to them? I won't use a self-dimming welding helmet or electronic ear plugs, so I'm obviously trying to explore if this rule applies or not to MOS sites.

I use red dots on some airguns LOL, but I have to turn them on. I also recall that a lot of people prefer to leave their red dots on all the time like the Aim Point?

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Do these motion activated sites come by way of communists from overseas that hate us? Would you trust your life to them? I won't use a self-dimming welding helmet or electronic ear plugs, so I'm obviously trying to explore if this rule applies or not to MOS sites.

I use red dots on some airguns LOL, but I have to turn them on. I also recall that a lot of people prefer to leave their red dots on all the time like the Aim Point?

Why the hate against a auto-dark welding hood?

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why the hate against a auto-dark welding hood?
Ahh, just old fashioned I guess, but I also don't do much welding. I have had tech fail me enough that I always question it...especially if made in China. I'm sure the Lincoln helmets are better than the Harbor Freight.
LOL...you know u like it!

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Iron sight redundancy....

RugerSooner

Speedy Gonzalez
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My RMR is just always on. It doesn’t have tritium or anything like that. It’s just a rugged red dot that needs a battery change once a year. I switched to the RMR from a Holsun because I realized I didn’t trust my life to something that decides when to come on and when to shut off

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

My red dot has a three year battery life. I’ll leave it on and replace the battery every year

Latest posts

Top Bottom