Doe in heat (tinks 69)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used it and a buck walked past it and then went into the woods.
Came back out and crossed right where it was. He died.

My buddy and I hunted pipelines and he had to wizz and did so over 400 yards from where he was going to sit.
Yea he wizzed on the pipeline and a deer came out of the woods and sniffed it.

Next day I wizzed a stones throw from where I was hunting and 2 does came out to investigate.
I had to test it.

The deer is a curious critter and many people have been awakened in the woods by deer sniffing them.

My buddy smokes and they come running to get some of that.

For cover scent if you are worried about that I have found burning a small pile of grass and leaves and sticks to make lots of smoke and then walk around in the smoke before going into the woods works best.

Snuff the fire out of course and the woods and you smell like a fire.
The little metal bee smokers are perfect for this. Light twigs and grass in it, and puff smoke all over yourself

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve used the tinks. Even bought the little orange bottles with a wick and a wire to hang from a limb.
Deer are curious critters. They may stop for a smell that’s different to them but not offensive that could be an advantage, but not sure it will bring them a’ run in’ like the manufacturer wants you to think.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very first deer I ever killed I had read about making a drag rag which as most know is nothing more than saturating a piece of cloth with doe pee tied to about a 24" piece of string and tie the other end to your boot and walk to your stand dragging the rag behind you to make a scent trail.

I drug the rag down a high line about 150 yds., took it off and hung it in a small cedar about 50-75 yds. in front of my ground blind got settled in my blind and waited.....just at good shooting light I catch movement off to my right and see a big doe following the scent trail and she stopped and sniffed the scent rag hanging in the cedar.....I put the crosshairs of my newly acquired pawn shop Marlin 30.30 with a old Weaver 4X at her head neck junction slowly squeezed the trigger, the old Marlin barked, she dropped like a rock and I had my first deer.

Sometimes I would stuff a couple of cotton balls in a 35mm film canister and saturate them with doe pee and put them out in front of my blind.....sometimes the pee seemed to help and sometimes not.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've cut the piss-stained tarsal area off of young bucks and put them in a ziplock in the freezer. Get it out next hunt, tie it on my boot and head to the stand. Hang it up on a limb nearby. I have definitely seen deer investigate, but not every time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom