How many people gain weight during the holidays?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be honest.
Between Thanksgiving and New Years, I put on about 10 pounds. I slack at the gym and eat tons of junk food. I Start fresh on the 1st and will cut the weight by Feb 1st.
This is my time to enjoy and live like my inner fat bastard.
Anyone else do this?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't usually - but the whole period from the third week of October thru Jan 1 is tough. I don't have a sweet tooth, but I hunt a lot, and that keeps me from running, working out, etc...
The BBQ sandwiches and BK Whoppers on the road don't help much, either.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've gained about 10. My wife and her family eat like crudt and the holidays are the worst. Their excuse to me bitchin about all the junk food is don't eat it. Yeah and tell a bear not to **** in te woods.

I am a lot less active in the winter so sitting in the house more I'm bored and eat.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit drinking Mike's Hard Lemonade and have lost 17 pounds since November

I hate you, I cut out sweet tea and about 95% of the bad stuff I was eating and starting eating smaller portions and have become more active and I have gained 38lbs in 16 months and it is pissing my off and my dr is a douche telling me to just change what I eat and I have been doing what he says for a year now and its not working. 12 years ago I weighed 172lb I was in great shape and ran everyday and then I got the sniffles and the army just kept throwing meds down my throat and then I got deployed again and one brain injury a back injury, ankle injury, and hip damage later I now weigh 323lbs. I would beat a nun to death with a sack of puppies to be 100lbs lighter right now, I gained most of my fatness when I was on prednisone for a few years because the army never figured out what that sniffles problem I originally had was they finally said it was asthma but my civilian doc said its not and they arent even sure what it is and I dont have the money to kept letting them figure it out so when I die at a young age I told my wife to put "it was just the sniffles" on my headstone.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate you, I cut out sweet tea and about 95% of the bad stuff I was eating and starting eating smaller portions and have become more active and I have gained 38lbs in 16 months and it is pissing my off and my dr is a douche telling me to just change what I eat and I have been doing what he says for a year now and its not working. 12 years ago I weighed 172lb I was in great shape and ran everyday and then I got the sniffles and the army just kept throwing meds down my throat and then I got deployed again and one brain injury a back injury, ankle injury, and hip damage later I now weigh 323lbs. I would beat a nun to death with a sack of puppies to be 100lbs lighter right now, I gained most of my fatness when I was on prednisone for a few years because the army never figured out what that sniffles problem I originally had was they finally said it was asthma but my civilian doc said its not and they arent even sure what it is and I dont have the money to kept letting them figure it out so when I die at a young age I told my wife to put "it was just the sniffles" on my headstone.
The only advise I can give is to keep eating your fats, but cut out your grains and breads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom