How much are COWS worth???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Here's one I had that thought it was mean. He would try to hit me everytime I was in the pasture..Guess who won the battle.

i257.photobucket.com_albums_hh203_eberlerp_IMG_4081.jpg

Isn't the processor in Tonkawa a mobile one?

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
get 2 good dogs a header and a heeler. they will work together and put those cattle where you want them.i have a good buddie that raises cattle dogs. he loaded a couple crazy brangus cows for us back in the spring. they cleared a 6.5 foot steel pipe fence with out any problems. when his dogs got through the cows walked in the trailer in the open pasture. no horses ropes pens needed. a tranq works but then you have to have a way to load them. by the way don't let a cow get on their back they will drown on their on fluids in seconds. i seen that with my own eyes.we had a cow flip over backwards in the head shoot. she was dead before we could do anything. try to get a 1100 lb cow out of a squeeze shoot.it took 2 tractors and a lot of cutting.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, butcher them. They'll probably grade out Utility. Boy, won't that be tasty.

Rounding them up and loading them won't be that hard for someone that knows what they are doing.

What you guys need to make sure of is that someone doesn't go to jail for rustling.

I don't care what the owner "tells" you, you better get it in writing that he is giving you the cows before you sell them, kill them, or other wise terminate their being.

I've know codgy old bastards to not lay claim to stray cattle before, only to show up when they have finally been rounded up and put in a lot.

Couple guys that can toss a rope, with decent horses and a 12' stock trailer will have this handled quicker that it took me to read this thread. Seriously.

My guess is the only one you'll have real problems with will be that stringy assed old cow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom