How often do you buy a new wallet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sup.

I've had the same wallet since early 2012, and it's still going strong. It's a handmade wallet from Couch, a company known for their guitar straps. They purchase the vinyl from old vehicles and repurpose it into guitar and camera straps, wallets, purses, shaving kit bags, and so on.

It's durable as all heck, and it's still about 90 percent condition despite my fatass sitting on it every day.

Yet, I have a hankering for a new wallet -- specifically, this Star Wars wallet.

I doubt I'll get it since the current wallet is doing its job and likely will for the next 10-plus years.

But how often do you buy a new wallet? And why?

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a friend who does leather work make me a new one about 10 years ago. When and if this one wears out I'll have him make another one. The one I replaced was an old fossil that I'd had for 15 or so years.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About every 2-4 years but i am picking about them I like the bifold with flip out license slot. I normally replace it as soon as I find the first imperfection (not normal wear but rip ect) I generally get fossil wallets.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a faded glory wallet at Walmart and it is great. Genuine leather. The problem I have with wallets is that they keep tearing up my credit cards. They get a crack in the top. I have bifold. I don't know what else to try to keep my cards from being cracked.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For at least a decade I'd been carrying an NRA leather wallet 'til it got soaked at the Kansas game. I switched to a Cabela's leather "front pocket" wallet (fitting, as that's where I carry my wallet on the recommendation of a chiropractor) that I'd had sitting on the shelf for several years, with an old Spyderco Copilot as a money clip. Prior to the NRA wallet, I carried the cards in a Colt-logo'd leather business card holder and cash in a Colt-logo'd leather magnetic money clip, so I've come full circle on that count.

If I ever go back to a regular wallet, it'll probably be a bifold like the NRA wallet, and will definitely be leather.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am completely indifferent to Harley Davidson's yuppy motorcycles, but at least omce a decade, I'll order one of their baby-soft $25 leather wallets. They hold up well.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate sitting on a wallet. I found a swiss army looking wallet that holds a few cards and a cell phone that I've had for a few years but it's getting a little worn. Was thinking of just getting a phone case that has a few slots for cards but haven't found one I like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom