Hunter Ed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I was thinking about taking the Hunter Ed class this weekend so I could maybe go hunting this year. It's free, right? (The one this weekend in Clinton doesn't list a number to call.)

PaulS

New to the site!
Reaction score
Planning on attending one the weekend after myself, never been either...

The website states that the class is completely free (right up top in red) but doesn't really specify the etiquette for attending the "no pre-registration" classes, I think you just show up and sit for the class.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume you have already checked the www.wildlifedepartment.com web site? No phone numbers listed then check the phone book for the locations listed, such as Clinton. May not be much help on this and you may have already tried them. Hopefully, they don't have a maximum on students or you just show up for the ALL day class.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I assume you have already checked the www.wildlifedepartment.com web site? No phone numbers listed then check the phone book for the locations listed, such as Clinton. May not be much help on this and you may have already tried them. Hopefully, they don't have a maximum on students or you just show up for the ALL day class.

Had my kids do the whole day class at the Wildlife dept office at Kaw lake. They really enjoyed it as they had hands on demonstrations and a couple of burst barrels to show what happens when something goes wrong. It really sunk in. The highlight of the day is when the kids went outside at lunch with the instructors to look at the prairie dog town just outside. While they were out there, a bobcat ran in there and grabbed his lunch. Couldn't have went any better to show how nature takes care of its own.:D

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had my kids do the whole day class at the Wildlife dept office at Kaw lake. They really enjoyed it as they had hands on demonstrations and a couple of burst barrels to show what happens when something goes wrong. It really sunk in. The highlight of the day is when the kids went outside at lunch with the instructors to look at the prairie dog town just outside. While they were out there, a bobcat ran in there and grabbed his lunch. Couldn't have went any better to show how nature takes care of its own.:D

That is awesome!

Latest posts

Top Bottom