I bet that hurt ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does it matter where you got shot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the record I have been shot while running away from a jealous ex boyfriend he hit me in the right but cheek with a .25 auto. And it HURT ! It was a hot burning sting. And it only got worse while driving myself to the er. I have a fairly high pain tolerance and have sustained some substantial injuries in my life and that was by Far the worst I've ever had. I hope and play it never happens again Because I don't know that I could stand it agin. So I'm going to say that anywhere is not going to be good.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You appear to have left out the naughty bits. I suspect that would be a memorable experience, though that sort of precision shooting might be hard to find . . .

For Game of Thrones fans, one of Joffrey's sadistic kills this past season evoked sympathetic noises from my wife. (Don't spoil it for those who aren't caught up on GOT)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll also chime in with gut-shot being worse. I've done a lot of reading about such things and if I remember right, the pain there is pretty intense and can lead to lethal "infections" from injured organs making the ordeal even worse. The old western novel writers all seemed to agree that being gut shot pretty much meant a painful death. However, since I've not "done the research," all my thoughts are speculation.

I can say that I cut my upper arm pretty bad with glass a couple of years ago with a cut that was at least 2 inches long and at least 1/2 inch deep. Surprisingly, that has been the worst of my "injuries" and it hardly hurt at all. It also didn't bleed very much either.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been stabbed twice in the back, shot at but never hit. I never felt the stabs till the fight was over.

Holy crap. Remind me to never hang around you!:doh:

I voted feet. It's all gonna hurt like chit bit if I'm guaranteed to survive all the gunshot wounds I would think the pain and especially the recovery would be the worst. Too much going on with the foot, bones, tendons, joints, etc, that it would be a mess down there. The rehab would SUCK. But I've never been shot so what do I know.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll say the ones that hurt are the ones you survive from. Especially the foot because you're going to need to walk for the rest of your life.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was trying to clear a jammed 25 auto. The part of my left hand down from my little finger was over the barrel when it discharged . Missed the bone. Wound was about 1/2 deep & 1 inch long . Was not that bad till local doc sewed it up with no deadening . He was out. Lost my supper. This was over 50 years ago. That was the last muzzle i put any part of me over.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not to change the subject, but the .25ACP sure is mentioned a lot in this thread............and everyone living to tell the tale. Still waiting on someone to fess up to being shot in the keister.

Latest posts

Top Bottom