I have $1,200 - Help me build a tack-driving 10/22,,,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly, my 10/22 is plenty accurate for me

Here’s the build:

OE 50th anniversary 10/22 VLEH Target Tactical (comes with the upgraded Ruger trigger and match barrel/chamber)
Primary Arms PA22 6x Rimfire scope
Cheap Leupold rings
Magpul stock

Here’s what I would change:

Better trigger.
Maybe a different stock? I honestly like mine.

As it sits, it shoots 1/2-1 MOA at 50 yards with CCI standard velocity ammo. Similar results at 100 yards. All together I have probably $800 into it. Just food for thought.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kidd makes really nice stuff. Their Trigger kit is nicer than the BX trigger. I could only imagine what one of their full on triggers would be like.
The Kidd stuff is great. My build with the Kidd 2-stage trigger and 20" fluted barrel is very accurate. Had the stainless receiver/scope already and got the stock off Ebay. 20150615_144505.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10/22, even built, wont be as accurate as decent bolt guns.

That being said, I’m building a 10/22 too. I get the paralysis on picking parts. What are other requirements other that tack driver and <= $1200? Does the 1200 include optics? Do you want to suppress it? Are you going to just shoot from a bench or walk around with it?

I’m trying to pick a bolt for mine, already have a receiver, bought a shaw barrel, and a bx trigger.
The BX trigger is a danged nice trigger.

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like 10/22's, and I've owned and shot a mildly-customized 10/22 "squirrel gun" for many years. Custom stock, threaded Ruger barrel (by Grumpy's Guns), TBAC Takedown suppressor, 80's Leupold 2.5-8X Vari-X III with parallax set to 60 yards by Leupold techs, and a custom trigger (can't remember the mfr) set to exactly 2.0 lb. It's a nice light squirrel rifle, very accurate and reliable, and I have always liked Ruger's rotary box magazines. I doubt I have $600 in it not counting the suppressor (it multitasks on several guns). But for shooting paper I'd much rather have a CZ or even better an Anschutz bolt action. By working at it, I suppose a person could manage to spend $1200 or even more on a 10/22, but honestly I don't understand why, when one of several factory made bolt action .22's would probably outshoot it, and for less money. But of course, in the end, it's your money and yours to spend as you wish. Good luck with it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom