I just got change back from a cashier

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
who literally did not know the difference between a nickel and a dime. I told her and showed her that she gave me a quarter and two nickels but it should be a quarter and two dimes. She had a puzzled look so I held up one of the nickels and said, "this is a nickel". She asked, "that's a nickel?" And off she went for some help. I probably would have let it go at that point - just 10 cents - but for some reason, I guess I felt sorry for her and I like the business. It didn't ruin my day or anything but it was surprising. Math errors when making change don't seem uncommon these days but this was a first for the cashier not knowing the denominations.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah to many people of all ages now days cant count money at all if they dont have a machine to tell them howe much they cant figure it out thats why so many places now days has machines that dispense the change out for you. And it is going to get worse with the push for digital currency.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a netflix show for little kids that is amazing.
It is called Numberblocks.

My grandson gets a lot of life lessons from me and one was counting money and knowing the differences in different coins.

This Numberblocks show has him whipped into multiplication tables.

He is pretty good at it for being 5 years old.

We were making piles of coins that would = 100 cents.
I was racing him with a big pile of change poured out on the floor.

Yea I went slow and let him win but he was pretty quick at counting and adding them up.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wanna know why 'Merica is in decline? These "kids" are growing up ....... and then they vote. Stupid people should not be allowed to do some things. Driving is one. Voting is another.
Let me offer an"upgrade" to your post. Those kids aren't growing up. They are just getting older. Age should no longer be a factor in voting and driving and some other current "age related" activities.

Woody

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wanna know why 'Merica is in decline? These "kids" are growing up ....... and then they vote. Stupid people should not be allowed to do some things. Driving is one. Voting is another.

I have a couple of libtard friends I debate with from time to time

I propose to them that voting rights should be for homeowners and landowners. No ownership, no vote

Another idea was the prospect if we have to give everybody a vote, then we should give people in higher tax brackets multiple votes. If you don’t do anything but be a leech off of society you still get one vote,
People on the next tier (schoolteacher level wages and subsequent tax contributions) get 2
The guy in your community that owns seven Burger King franchises gets three
And up to a max of 4 for the Elon Musk and Donald Trump level contributors who conversely are the smallest fraction of the populace anyway

Latest posts

Top Bottom