If money was no issue where would you retire to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really liked living in Colorado but I am priced out and cannot do liberal politics.
Oklahoma lets me get by and I love my retiree lifetime hunting & fishing privilege
Okla gun laws suit me
I had bucket list to go tour Europe on motorcycle, buy a Triumph in UK, take hovercraft to Europe and head towards Prague and Hungary, down to Mediteranean then back home but not now.
Buddy of mine is expat in Chilean Lake District, climate by altitude and miles ìnland from coast alot like California. He fishes fresh and saltwater both and does bladesmithing. Archery hunts local wild goats, pigs and stag.
I am too old to move there but sure would like catching some of the big trout he catches and huge prawns & crab he catches.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to have a summer home in Alpine, Wyoming. Close enough to civilization, far enough away to be away.

Winter in Oklahoma. I'd like a big piece of property adjacent Sandy Sanders WMA down in SWOK. Again, close enough to civilization, but far enough away and flat enough to see whether the alphabet boys were wearing level III's or not.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d just roam wherever. I like many types of terrain and weather for different reasons. All have pros and cons. I’d just buy whatever place I felt like being at that time. When the mood hit to relocate I’d grab my box of never ending money and roam on until I got to a spot I liked again. I’m a guy that wants to die with his boots on so the idea of picking a spot to rot wouldn’t appeal to me IF money were no object.
Welcome to my world. The difference is that we take our temporary home with us, always chasing that 70-75 degree daytime temps. South Tx to Montana and branching east now to do the same.
Internationally, I'd have to give New Zealand a hard look. Yeah, they banned AR's but regular bolt guns, etc are still available.
One of the few places in the world where one can snow ski in the morning, catch huge trout by noon or kill a giant red stag and get a sunburn on a beach all in the same day.
But, we will never leave our home in Oklahoma. One neighbor in miles out in the sticks, paved road to town, and my shop/man cave is set up just the way I've always wanted.
We come home in the spring and fall because the weather is in the 70's and I have crappie to catch and deer to kill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom