If you could sit down with any American president...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
John Hanson? Tell me Oh nerdy history nerd, when was this John Hanson President? Where you home schooled??
I was not home schooled I just have always liked history especially US history so I read and watch documentaries.

John Hanson (April 14 [O.S. April 3] 1721 – November 15, 1783) was a merchant and public official from Maryland during the era of the American Revolution. After serving in a variety of roles for the Patriot cause in Maryland, in 1779 Hanson was elected as a delegate to the Continental Congress. He signed the Articles of Confederation in 1781 after Maryland finally joined the other states in ratifying them.

In November 1781, he was elected President of the Continental Congress, and became the first president to serve a one-year term under the provisions of the Articles of Confederation. While George Washington is universally recognized by historians as the first President of the United States formed under the United States Constitution, some biographies of Hanson have made the unconventional argument that Hanson was the first holder of the office.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hanson

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was not home schooled I just have always liked history especially US history so I read and watch documentaries.

John Hanson (April 14 [O.S. April 3] 1721 – November 15, 1783) was a merchant and public official from Maryland during the era of the American Revolution. After serving in a variety of roles for the Patriot cause in Maryland, in 1779 Hanson was elected as a delegate to the Continental Congress. He signed the Articles of Confederation in 1781 after Maryland finally joined the other states in ratifying them.

In November 1781, he was elected President of the Continental Congress, and became the first president to serve a one-year term under the provisions of the Articles of Confederation. While George Washington is universally recognized by historians as the first President of the United States formed under the United States Constitution, some biographies of Hanson have made the unconventional argument that Hanson was the first holder of the office.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hanson

Doh!!, got schooled by a nerd. (jk). Don't I feel dumb.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figure it would be pointless to talk to any dead president about their times. Not only is everything different than, say, 10 years ago, they would spend all their air defending their decisions made at the time. I'm thinking either Grant, JFK or Clinton. Those guys knew how to seriously party. And they got some of the best chicks, booze and cigars in the world in their day.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figure it would be pointless to talk to any dead president about their times. Not only is everything different than, say, 10 years ago, they would spend all their air defending their decisions made at the time. I'm thinking either Grant, JFK or Clinton. Those guys knew how to seriously party. And they got some of the best chicks, booze and cigars in the world in their day.
:uhwhat: Monica and Hillary?

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.realclearpolitics.com_docs_2011_wilsonpic.jpg

I would ask him wtf he was thinking when he signed this!

Latest posts

Top Bottom