I'm buggin' out!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope you have been getting in shape. Good luck. There are a few threads on AR 15 forums about this sort of hike. You might looks over those.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not just go buy a sports car, grow your pony tail, divorce your wife and marry some 20 year old stripper.

Cause lets face it,... this has got midlife crisis written all over it.

Sad really, and personally, Im tired of hearing it.

Thats my advice, I am moving on. See ya in the funny papers.

MY WIFE IS A 20 YEAR OLD STRIPPER!!!

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't have anyone that will take your guns and stuff, I'll give them a good home. Or if you end up bear poop, I'll help the wife get a good price for them. I'm here to help, just let me know.

It's good to know that I have good friends like you on here that I can depend on to take care of my guns if something happens.......:thumb:

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is your life, and no one can make the decision but you. I would not personally want to leave my wife, but that's just me. While I think I could survive the trip, I probably would not do it for fear of widowing my wife, although I admire your resolve. I was wondering how you were going to purify your water, and what are the expected temperatures for the time of year you are going? I have been on some 14,000 ft mountains in the middle of summer, and it was cold.

kbolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is your life, and no one can make the decision but you. I would not personally want to leave my wife, but that's just me. While I think I could survive the trip, I probably would not do it for fear of widowing my wife, although I admire your resolve. I was wondering how you were going to purify your water, and what are the expected temperatures for the time of year you are going? I have been on some 14,000 ft mountains in the middle of summer, and it was cold.

I'm going to boil the water it's all pretty pure up there anyway....The temps can go from one extreme to the other...I just have to prepare for both.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
kbolt, I know this isn't a vacation hike through the woods, but it still sounds extremely exciting. I completely understand the want to not even take a cell phone, the more options you have to back out, or at least communicate with the outside world (which is opposite of your plan, obviously) the more likely you are to go astray and end up with a failure of a mission. Eliminate those options and you're basically forced to complete what you sent out to do.

I wish you the best of luck, do your homework, triple check your supplies and education on using those supplies before you go, and then right before you go, triple check it all again. You want to make sure you have a bulletproof gameplan before you back out of your driveway.

Please, for yourself and for us, take a notepad and paper, make a journal. I would love to read about it (if you feel like sharing), but if you ever feel like in the future you're going down the same path that's lead you to want to do this, read through the journal and refresh your memory with what you really learned about yourself while you were out there.

Again, best of luck. I've got a lot of respect for someone taking the journey head on.

We'll still be here when you get back, see you then!

Latest posts

Top Bottom