In the market for an 870

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rshep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for a good 870 express with the 18.5" barrel and synthetic hardware. Does anyone know of the best pawn shops/ gun shops to start looking at? It doesn't have to be new. I can get one at Academy for $295 but if I could find a decent used one for cheap I would be inclined to go that way.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
BassPro has the 870 Express tacticle which has short barrel, poly furniture and extended tube for $433 OTD.

THEY HAD 7 yesterday, now 6

Sooner Guns has the mossberg version for $384+tax.

I'd rather have the 870 if I was buying new.

Rshep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look for police trade-ins. It's close to year end, somebody somewhere near you has to have some I would think. I know RJ's gun sales in Broken Arrow gets police trade ins. I got mine from him a couple years back.

I want to say I paid something like $250 for it, but that was 2 years ago.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could also consider the H&R Pardner Protector. I think they are great and a lot of people think they are better than an express. Academy on NW63rd had one last week for 179 or 199. There is a lot of info on them. Functionally identical to an 870.

Rshep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I couldn't find an 870 but I did spend 10 dollars more and got a Winchester SXP home defense model. Anyone have any big complaints against this shotgun?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought an 870ExMag on here. Always in the market for an upland gun. Ordered a new 18.5" barrel and mag extention for $200. 2 shotguns in one for one decent price. I have a few old mossy's, can't beat em. Skip the new mossbergs... They just don't seem as well built as they used to be

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I couldn't find an 870 but I did spend 10 dollars more and got a Winchester SXP home defense model. Anyone have any big complaints against this shotgun?

I'd like one. Chamber lengths being equal they are the fastest cycling pump on the market. Watch youtube vids of the actions cycling themselves with no hand on the forearm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom