In Williams, AZ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're in Williams, AZ; took the Grand Canyon railway train up to the canyon today and just got back. Staying at a cool B&B called the Red Garter Inn. Was an old saloon and bordello back in cowboy days. Tomorrow is a day trip to Sedona then back here. Back to Albuquerque Saturday and a planned train trip to and from Santa Fe. Loving the sights here! Grand Canyon was a bucket list trip for the wife. We scattered the ashes of both her sister and mine at a great quiet spot out over the canyon after a pretty good hike. Not hard at all to get a permit to do this and it was an express wish of her sisters in particular. Very happy to get the mission accomplished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did the GCRR a few years back, had bad weather at the Canyon so visibility wasn't exactly one for a postcard. I plan to go back one of these days for a better view.

Congrats on getting to do the bucket list thing for you and the last wishes for the relatives. Enjoy Santa Fe, great food town!!

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They've changed the schedule of the train for the better. When my family did it about ten years ago they only gave you around an hour at the canyon. We almost missed it going back.

On a weird note...One of the sheriff deputies (who was a real sheriff deputy btw) who helped stop the "robbers" was a guy my dad grew up with in the 40's and 50's back in Sugar Creek, Missouri. Small world moment.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad you've already been to Sedona. I would have suggested you make the additional drive down to (or up to) Jerome. Worth the trip. There's so much to see in Ariz/Utah.

Oh we got as far down the road from Sedona proper as the Holy Chapel.... Oh wow. We will be coming back here just for this area by itself. The whole area is incredible.

IMG_3197.JPG
IMG_3217.JPG

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grand Canyon was cool too, the train from Williams, AZ is about 2:45 each way with like 4 hours on the south rim to explore then train back to Williams that afternoon.
IMG_3164.JPG
IMG_3151.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom