inexpensive scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good air rifle scopes are in a class of their own. It takes a sturdy, especially made internal to withstand the shock of a spring-charged air rifle.

Most .22 scopes have a fixed parallax, a subject I don't pretend to be versed in.

Rimfires also have their own size mount specifically to fit .22 rifle grooves; 5/8 ", I believe.

But to answer your question, yes rimfire scopes are generally made for rimfires.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Good air rifle scopes are in a class of their own. It takes a sturdy, especially made internal to withstand the shock of a spring-charged air rifle.

Most .22 scopes have a fixed parallax, a subject I don't pretend to be versed in.

Rimfires also have their own size mount specifically to fit .22 rifle grooves; 5/8 ", I believe.

But to answer your question, yes rimfire scopes are generally made for rimfires.

3/8" Dovetail. Some European use an 11mm dovetail.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Air rifle scopes are NOT designed to go on a 22. That's a sure fire way to destroy one as they internally very different. They are designed to handle a different kind of recoil. Even the best air rifle scopes won't last on a 22.

Latest posts

Top Bottom