Interrogated Until He Wet His Pants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off I would like to see the people who interrogated a kindergartner strung up by their "private parts" and left there till they rot. The people who are in charge should get the same treatment as well and anyone who was an adult and stood by and let it happen can join in the punishment.

I understand that discipline has to be established in schools but they are going way overboard, plus on an infraction that requires an "interrogation" a parent, guardian, or legal representative should have been brought in.

This was written a couple years ago but I think needs to be brought up for anyone else who has children and worries about things that are happening in the schools now.

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-protect-child-police-interrogations-8498355.html
Every day, millions of parents send their children off to school in this country. They do so believing that schools have their children's individual best interests in mind. Few ever really consider what happens if law enforcement authorities want to interview their child at school. Even fewer understand that the school will very likely let your child be interrogated by law enforcement simply because the authorities request it. In addition, unless your child was transported from the school by police or arrested, school officials would likely never even tell you it occurred.

In fact, in some cases, the school is required by law to allow this to occur, primarily in cases of suspected child abuse or neglect. Yet even when they are not required to permit the interrogation, they often do. This is especially true if the alleged victim of the crime is in fact the school itself. Another reason this occurs so often is due to the number of schools involved in the School Resource Officer program.

As parents, it is important to remember that nobody cares more about your children's best interest than you. The school principal who believes your child was involved in a crime on campus is hardly the person to depend upon to protect your child's due process rights during a police interrogation. Most parents want their children to be accountable for wrongdoing. In the past, minor infractions such as school yard scuffles were handled by the school and parents.

In today's society, however, the stakes are much higher, and incidents such as this will usually end in a court appearance for a student. Also, a juvenile record has far more implications now than at any other time in the past. There was a time in this nation that young people who were involved in delinquent acts may be ordered by a judge to join the military. Presently, juvenile delinquency adjudications can exclude a child from military service.

There is also the misconception that police are required to notify a parent before interrogating a child. Absent a department policy, state law or local ordinance barring interrogations of minors without the consent and or presence of a parent or guardian, police are free to interrogate the child. Generally, officers and courts use a totality of the circumstances test to determine the appropriateness of any interrogation of a minor without a parent present. This often involves an informal assessment that includes factors such as age and maturity of the child to determine their ability to comprehend due process.

All of this means that parents must be diligent when it comes to protecting the due process rights of their children. Parents can take steps to ensure their child is protected when it comes to police interrogations. Some of these steps are:

- Educate your child about due process.

- Inform your child that if accused of a crime, they should inform the officer they want a parent present before any interrogation takes place.

- Be proactive. Inform your child's school in writing, with proof of notice, that your child is not to be interrogated by school officials or police outside of your presence.

- If the school or police deny your child's request, make sure your child understands that they should not answer any questions.

- Remind your child that statements they make to school officials can be considered evidence of delinquent conduct.

- Have a backup plan in case you are unable to be reached, and make sure your child knows what that plan is and who they should contact.

While we often teach our children that the police are there to help them, we also must educate them, especially as they become adolescents, that when accused of a crime, the motive of the police is not one of being their friend but of proving they committed a crime. Law enforcement officers are trained to elicit confessions through interrogation tactics. These tactics are complex and often go unnoticed by anyone not trained in them. That is why it is so important to have an attorney present during any interrogation - something children, and even most adults, rarely understand. Make sure your child knows what to expect.

I would also like to add that it would be a good idea to make a letter or even a business card up that your child can hand to anyone who is trying to question them that will inform the questioner your information and that you are to be contacted before anything else is done with your child. You can also include contact information for other people whom you deem can act as a guardian for your child should you be unreachable. This way even if a school official or anyone else for that matter ignores other requests or is unaware they can be informed by your child.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may not have seen the articles about the little girl who took a paper gun (made by her grandfather) to school. She got similar treatment, not to include wetting her pants that I know of.

I have several female cousins who, if they saw the above post, would be highly amused. We played cops 'n robbers, cowboys and native americans (PC!!!), and had frequent shootouts in the street between the house and the barn. We often took capguns to school, though to pop a cap in class was a sure whipping, so we didn't.

So no, I don't see a feminist conspiracy in the schools. I do see a bunch of idiots who are scared of everyone and everything. Zero tolerance sucks. Beware of all absolute statements including this one.

The two hour interrogation could have long term ill effects on the child. I'll bet the attorneys are being impolite to each other in their efforts to get there first.

Ya, but let a little girl play with dolls which is normal girl behavior and there is no problem. If little boys played with dolls our schools would think that he is just expressing his sexual orientation amd most likely treat him as special.

Even the Olympics TV sports coverage is slanted towards the girls and womens sports. They are trying make them more than equal when it comes to athletics. They are trying to improve the academics of girls in our schools and lifting their self esteem is the method used. If you have had a little boy go through pre k in recent times it is almost standard for the teachers to claim that the boys are not mature enough and they want them held back. You can look at the number of boys to girls that are held back in pre k or Kindergarten or T1 as it was once called and you will see what I am talking about.

Little boys are more active and they are harder to control than little girls at those ages in general. They act out their imaginations more too. They are different than little girls and that difference is normal. That is used as a reason to say that they are "not mature enough". Tell me that isn't systemic prejudice against boys for being normal. I went through this with two sons several years ago and I am seeing it with my grandson too.

We got a note last year when he was in Pre K that he was ponting his finger and saying pow toward another boy. The teacher just told us and not the principal.

They want to hold him back because he doesn't pay attention and sometimes doesn't obey the teacher.

Last edited:

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When my oldest son was in Kindergarten he was one of two boys that was not held back in his class of about eighteen boys. None of the girls were held back.

That would get a persons attention.

Latest posts

Top Bottom