IO Inc AKs???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akshooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But right now the best deals on ak are the ak74, several places have the Bulgarian 74 with blk plastic furniture anywhere from $369 -399 depending on how many mags you get and bayonet. Its also alot cheaper round. The one i have is a treat to shoot, you could fire it all day without any problems.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good question, I've been musing around the idea of getting an AK but cost and quality are my concerns as well. I've just about decided to go with a Saiga sporter and convert it, but I do not fully understand the rules for 922 (r) COMPLIANCE.

It would be fun to convert and I think Saiga makes a good rifle. Now as far as cost, I have not put a pen to it yet.

Saiga's get expensive quick once you get started.
I have about $1500 in my .223 Saiga, and it's exactly what I wanted, but if I just wanted an AK to plink around with or just wanted a classic wood-dressed AK you can find them cheaper.

Price wise, you can get a WASR 10 on the cheap (as everyone already mentioned), or you can pay a little more for a Tantal or a Bulgarian, or even a nice Yugo and get MUCH better quality.

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are as many options in types of AK's as there are opinions. One the of the best things about AK's is that even the basic economy models function consistently.
I would say to;
1. Decide your caliber
2. Decide your budget
3. Make your purchase, and
4. Welcome to the Dark Side!
I can send you a link to the best AK Forum on the net if you like. More info there than you can shake a stick at.
Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom